Chapter 2

Draco's house

Draco's house

Hermione Granger smiled as her students found their names on their desk and sat down. She may be smiling but she was in shock right now cause of one names on her list of students that were attending her class. Scorpius Malfoy. She knew he was his son. She knew he had a son but hadn't actually seen Malfoy since the Battle of Hogwarts. She knew a few things about his past from after the war because of the Daily Prophet, like that he had been married to Astoria Greengrass and that she had died giving birth to their son. She also knew he was a lawyer and had his own firm.

She was shocked that he sent his son to a Muggle public school instead of having him homeschooled by a tutor which is pretty much what all pure-bloods do. Not this pure-blood though she thought as she tried not to stare at the blonde hair, blue eyed boy who was currently talking to the person on his right.

"Hello and welcome to first grade" she said. "My name is Miss. Granger and I am your teacher."

 After school, Hermione watched as Scorpius sat on the bottom step of the stairs in front of the school waiting for his dad. She decided to join him, not wanting him to be alone.

"Mind if I sit with you for a bit?" She asked. Scorpius looked at her then shrugged before looking back to where all the cars that had parents and kids in it were leaving. Hermione took that as a yes and sat down next to him.

"Can I tell you a secret?" She asked. Scorpius looked up at her with a smile on his face and she knew she got his attention. She looked around and saw no one around before looking back at him.

"I knew your father back when we went to Hogwarts."

"You did!!" He said excitedly.

"Yup, we weren't close but I knew him."

"Did you know my mum?" He asked making Hermione feel sad.

"No, but I heard she was in your father's house."

"What house was my dad in?" He asked. Hermione was shocked that Malfoy hadn't told his son what house he was in. Scorpius looked over to where the parking lot is and smiled before jumping up and taking off running. Hermione looked up and her breath caught in her throat a little. It was him.

"DADDY!!" Scorpius yelled as he ran to Malfoy who was walking towards them. He smiled and something in Hermione made her want him to smile at her that way. She quickly shook those thoughts away before standing to watch Malfoy kneel down a little to catch his son. Once in his arms he stood and kissed his cheek while Scorpius said something to him. Whatever he said made Malfoy's gaze quickly turn to her. She waited as he made his way over to her with Scorpius still in his arms.

"Granger, it's been a long time." He said.

"It has"

"Daddy, did you know that Miss. Granger knew you in Hogwarts?" Scorpius asked making them chuckle.

"Yes, I knew that and if my memory is correct, she was called a know-it-all." Malfoy smirked making Hermione narrow her eyes.

"If my memory is correct, weren't you called a ferret?" Hermione asked smirking making Draco glare at her.

"Low blow, Granger"

"You started it"

"Daddy, let's go home" Scorpius said interrupting their insult's fight.

"Goodbye Granger" he said before turning and heading to his car. That man still knew how to push her buttons even after all these years, she prided herself in keeping her temper in check and for some reason that man came and unraveled it all.

After the war, Malfoy disappeared from the public life while she and Ron started dated. That didn't last very long and they broke up almost a year into the relationship. Ron found love a few months later with Luna Lovegood and were married a few months after that, they now have two kids and live near Harry and Ginny. Harry and Ginny got married a year after the war and had their first child James Sirius Potter the next after that. Now they have three kids that included Albus Severus Potter and Lily Luna Potter.

She was single and had no kids, she just hadn't met the right one yet. She was happy right now just teaching kids, she was even teaching Albus who was becoming friends with Scorpius. She wished she could see Malfoy's face when Scorpius tells him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So how was your first day?" Draco asked once they were home.

"I met a friend named Albus Potter." Scorpius said making Draco spit out his water all over the counter.

"Of course Potter's kid is in your class" he said sarcastically once he got his coughing under control.  

"He is nice but he said you picked on his Daddy."

"That was a long time ago when I wasn't a nice guy." Draco said as he used a rag to clean the counter he spit water on.

"Why weren't you a nice person?" He asked.

"While I was growing up, I was told that some people are better than others, but I know now that no one is better than the other." Scorpius was silent for a moment while Draco finished cleaning up.

"Daddy?"

"Yes"

"Was Mummy a nice person or a mean person?" Scorpius asked making Draco freeze for a second then relax.

"Your Mum was the nicest person; she was very patient and understanding and creative and sometimes very stubborn especially when it came to you." He said. "When she found out she was going to have you she was so happy, she already loved you so much."

"I wish she was here" Scorpius said.

"Me too, Bud" he said pushing the sad feelings down. "Hey, why don't you go play in the playroom while I get dinner ready."

"Okay" Scorpius said before running off. 

Draco sighed not believing today was actually happening, today was horrible. First, he lost the case he had been working on for over a year, then he got stuck in traffic causing him to be late to pick up Scorpius and last but not least, he arrived at the school to see his son talking to an attractive woman who looked familiar. He couldn't really tell her features from where he was, but when he asked his son who he was talking to, he was surprised to find out it was Granger, his teacher.

It had been a little over ten years since the war and the last he heard about her, she and Weasley had just broke up but remained good friends. He stopped reading the papers too busy with his life with Astoria to care. As he made dinner, he thought about how she still looked beautiful. He quickly shook those thoughts away, knowing those thoughts were dangerous. He couldn't start anything with her so he decided to just stay away from her.