Part 9

Kenma's POV :

"Hey off the bus guys!" Aunt Miya yells as everyone loads out.

"Okay guys, ready?" Akaashi calls out.

"Ready for what?" Kuroo whisper to me and I smirk.

We all take out our official jackets with Kozume Dance School written on the back and pointe shoes on the left side of the chest. "Let's go in!" Aunt Miya leads everyone in.

"Okay be prepared." I whisper to Kuroo and he raises an eyebrow confused.

We walk into the competition and people go wild.

"Woah it's the Kozume dance school!"

"They have the best dancers in Japan!"

"Isn't that Kenma Kozume, the amazing ballet dancer from 4 years ago?"

We hear a symphony of whispers and praises. I turn to Kuroo and see him wide eyed staring at all the people who know us.

"We're pretty known in the dance community." I tell him.

"We won best overall dance school 2 years in a row once." Emi adds.

"Wow, that's really impressive." Kuroo let's out.

"Guys we've got company..." Aiko mentions and we shift our gazes to the side and see them...

The Seijoh dance studio.

"Why hello, Kenma." A familiar voice says, I turn around and see him, my sworn rival.

"Well hello, Oikawa." I reply. He smirks.

"How's it going? I see you're looking well."

"Same to you. What are you doing today?" I ask.

"Contemp, you?" Anticipation fills him.

"Ballet." His jaw drops and his eyes go wide.

"Really?" He asks and I nod. "Well, see you out there, looking forward to it."

"Same here!" He leaves with his mates.

I turn back towards my friends. Akaashi's neutral, Emi and Haruki are shooting glares towards Oikawa's direction, and Aiko is distracted by a dog. My students and Kuroo are confused.

"Who was that?" Rei signs to me.

"Who was that?" I repeat and my students along Kuroo nod. "That was Toru Oikawa, one of the best dancers in the country, and my sworn rival." I admit.

"Kenma and Oikawa have been rivals since we were kids, neck and neck constantly at competitions." Aiko adds.

"They always did the same styles. Contemporary and ballet being their main." Akaashi mentions.

"But since Kenma quit doing ballet at competitions and well, competing at all, it's gonna be a nice event today." Haruki says.

"Woah Woah Wait! What?" Kuroo asks confused and I just motion that I'll explain later.

"Okay guys! Let's get ready!" Aunt Miya gestures us to follow her. We went down the left hallway to a room with a paper written Kozume dance school, we enter and start setting up.

"What can I do to help?" Kuroo asks me. I think about it for a second. "Maybe help me set up the foldable tables." He raises an eyebrow. We take out the big boards and unfold them into tables. "Wow didn't know they could do that." Kuroo let's out cluelessly.

We finish that and everybody starts helping each other get ready.

"Okay everybody listen up!" Aunt Miya called out with a sheet of paper in her hands. "Competition order! First, our trio number 32!" She pointed to the trio of Emi, Aiko and Haruki. "Then it's our troupe, number 42!" She pointed to my students. "Next we're going up against Oikawa's troupe at number 45." I gave a look to my student that they've got this. "Next, we've got our duet, number 47" Me and Akaashi smirked. "After that it's Oikawa's solo, number 50." She looked up at me. "And lastly, Kenma's solo as number 60. All of our numbers are amazing, so let's not only win first place! But let's beat the Seijoh dance studio!" Everybody got excited.

"Openings are in 10 minutes so let's finish getting everything ready, get to the openings and get ready ourselves." Akaashi announced.

We finished getting the room ready for costumes, makeup, hair, music, everything. Before going down to the auditorium and getting ready for the opening.

"Akaashi where's Bokuto?" I ask. "He's meeting us in the auditorium, he just finished work." He replies.

We make our way to our seats when the owner of the competition goes on stage.

"Welcome everybody! We thank you for coming and participating today!" He starts. "The Japan Youth dance competition has been going on for over 25 years! And we're excited for another." Everybody claps. "For anybody here who doesn't know, The Japan youth competition is for dancers from all around Japan to come and compete in multiple different styles. There are a couple different big categories, and multiple small categories. The small ones include styles : Ballet and contemporary, jazz and funk, tap, hip-hop, tricks and breakdancing, and others we add into those categories. The prizes go here : the best dance in each category for solo, duet, trio, or troupe and for the best overall dance school with the best overall dancers. Now enough with this! Let the competition begin!" He finishes and the crowed goes wild.

"Okay, guys let's go back and get ready!" Aunt Miya announces.

"Oikawa!" I call out as I see the brunette passing by.

"Let the games begin." I say and he smirks. "Indeed, let the games begin."

_________________________________
Hey 👋 Author here!

Oooooooh, Oikawa and Kenma rivalry 😏 that's gonna be interesting. I'm so excited. This competition arc is gonna be so exciting!!

Anyways, let the games begin! 😁