-Too much-

Art credits to: clumxyy_ on Instagram (:

Requested: No
Character: Tommy
Setting: School

Trigger warnings for this chapter:
• Sensory processing issues
• Breakdown

A/N: There's song lyrics in one part of this chapter and yes, it was from my school play so <3

anyways. Enjoy (:

___________•***•___________
|*~Tommy POV (3rd person)~*|

Too much. Everything was too much

The expo marker squeaking across the board as the teacher talked with her shrill piercing voice.

Too much

The kids around him whispering and the scribbling of pencils on paper.

Too much

Even the soft buzzing of the fluorescent lights was too much.

He couldn't hear what the teacher was saying because of the other voices around him. It was all just noise. He couldn't focus on one voice, one sound, one anything.

His eye twitched as he looked at the clock. Only 15 more minutes of this hell.

tick. tick. tick.

Tommy flinched as someone poked his shoulder.

"Hey, you okay man?"

It was his best friend, Wilbur. Wilbur knew about his sensory issues but he didn't know how bad they could get.

He didn't know what Wilbur said, it blended in with everything else. So instead he used gestures

"Cant- hear" Tommy said, covering his ears

"too much" His eyes began to water. He couldn't breathe, everything was too overwhelming

Wilbur looked at him with sympathy. He didn't want to add more to it so he wrote a note instead.

You'll be ok. Here

Tommy read before looking back up at him. Wilbur had taken headphones out of his pocket and offered them to Tommy. Tommy took them before writing on the back of the note

Thank you

He looked back at the clock. 13 minutes left. Why did time pass so slowly. The noise settled down as class continued. He put his head in his arms.

Unbeknownst to him. The teacher was standing over him. (like a bitch 😒)

"Thomas!" She said sternly

He looked up quickly, sitting up in his seat. Everyone was looking at him.

"Miss..?" He replied in a quiet voice. He didn't know what her problem was

"No listening to music in class"

oh.

"I'm sorry I wasn't-"

"No talking back, Thomas." She said angrily

"Give them to me." She said pointing at the headphones

"You can have them back at the end of the day."

"But they're not even mine- I-"

"No. talking. back, Thomas. That's detention"

He looked to Wilbur for help but all he saw was the other classmates looking at him. It's never been so quiet. Now he wished the sound would come back. It was so much better than silence.

bzzzzzzzzz.

The lights were back. Tommy could hear the kids whispering. The tears were back again, so was the noise, everything was blurry.

He looked to the teacher who was waiting, her brows crinkling into a frown. He looked to Wilbur who had began saying something. Everything was in slow motion. Tommy stood up and started running towards the door.

He didn't stay to hear what Wilbur said.

He ran as fast as he could. Pushing the metal handle of the school doors down and running outside. The wind blowing his hair back.

He ran around the side of the school, seeing a covered corner. Running up to it he ran directly into the wall, momentum failing him. He slid down it scooting into the corner.

In. out. in. out

He tried to slow his breathing but nothing was working. The running didn't help. Tears streamed freely down his face, burying his head into his sweater. He covered his ears with his hands, humming whatever song popped into his head.

As he was shaking and hyperventilating he was singing to himself.

Robin jolly robin tell me how thy lady does- robin- jolly.. tell me how-

If anyone saw him they'd think he was a maniac, and he probably was. No one else was like this. No one else broke down because of something as stupid as this. It was just some noise, he needs to pull it together.

robin jolly robin, tell me how thy lady does.

He had picked it up from the school play, it was a catchy tune to be fair. But it didn't sound very good in between gasps of breath.

This was embarrassing, Tommy wanted to disappear.

He flinched as someone crouched down to his level and put their hand on his back.

Oh, it was Wilbur.

"Tommy..." Wilbur said slowly, observing his tear ridden face. He looked into his eyes before pulling him in for a hug.

"I'm fine, i'm fine.." He mumbled into Wilburs shoulder.

"Glad to hear Tommy." He said, letting go with a smile

"I hate school" He said, looking to the concrete.

"I know Toms." Wilbur said with a sigh

"We can skip next period if you'd like?"

"I'd like that.. Thank you Wil"

Everything was too much.

___________•***•___________
810 words

Helloooo

Tomorrow will be a double upload (maybe)

Depends, cause tomorrow is turkey day (thanksgiving)
And idk if i'll be able to write it in time but we'll see (:

However I have been working on like 6 things at once so pardon my absence on this book 😥

Anyways

Ily guys ty for reading <3
I hope you're having a great day/night/whatever time of the day it is for you
Here's an optional hug headpat or handshake
and some blue: 🦃💙🦃💙🦃💙

-Crow ☃️