You don't understand Pt3

Start from the beginning

"Hey guys, if you want there's breakfast downstairs. The others are attacking it like starved animals so I'd hurry if you want some," As quick as he had gotten the words out he was gone again. Cheryl turned towards Toni for an explanation. The serpent just shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"Don't look at me, I stayed in here with you all night to make sure you were okay. All I know is that Sweet Pea and Fangs left after dragging Nick outside," Toni responded, flinching when she had to bring that horrible person's name up again.

"It's most likely the Scooby gang," Cheryl stated and Toni let out a laugh at the nickname. The laugh had made Cheryl's breath catch in her throat. It was beautiful. "We should go down before they send Archie back up here with his pity eyes." Cheryl stood up slowly and Toni followed her lead. They both silently made their way downstairs and into the kitchen. When they entered the room all four pairs of eyes were on them. Archie and Veronica were on one side of the table while Jughead and Betty sat opposite of them. Veronica was the first to speak up, looking at Cheryl guiltily.

"Hey Cher, glad to see you're awake. Um, there's pancakes," Veronica finished lamely, gesturing to the table. It was clear that she had no idea what to say to the redhead. Nick had been her friend and she had been the one to push them together. Eventually, Cheryl knew she would have to talk to Veronica alone. To let her know that she didn't blame her for anything that happened.  For now, there was no time for that.

"Thanks, Ronnie. I'm starved," Cheryl answered. She hoped that using Veronica's nickname would calm the girl down. It seemed to work as she sat down and was handed a plate full of pancakes.

The breakfast that followed was extremely awkward and consisted of Archie and Betty ignoring Jughead. Veronica attempted, unsuccessfully, to fill the silence. Cheryl had never been more relieved when they all had finally began parting ways. Before she could even question what was happening her and Toni ended up in her car. Jughead had driven the girl here and she was reluctant to leave Cheryl alone. So she got into the passenger's seat, ignoring Cheryl's raised eyebrow.

"Listen, I know you're freaked out after what happened. But, you should go with Jughead," Cheryl stated after realizing the other girl was avoiding eye contact with her. Toni made no move to get out of the car and finally looked over at the redhead. It wasn't until Jughead's car drove past that Toni spoke up.

"That text you sent me. I know you don't want me out of your life. Please, stop pushing me away," Toni begged as Cheryl dropped her gaze to Toni's bloody knuckles. Cheryl shook her head and shoved her keys into the ignition. Starting the car and pulling out of the driveway without another word. She didn't really think about where she was driving as Toni stayed silent next to her. It was another five minutes until Cheryl pulled the car to a stop in front of Sweetwater River. Of course she had ended up here. She didn't realize how hard she had been gripping the steering wheel until she let go to turn the engine off.

"You're making it impossible for me to push you way," Cheryl whispered, looking out at the water that was only slightly frozen. She'd come here a lot after Jason had died. It was always with the intent to end her life. Something always stopped her, though. A small voice in the back of her head telling her to go home. She'd like to believe it was Jason's spirit.

"Then stop trying. I want to be in your life in any form. I don't care if you can't be with me, let me be your friend then," Toni explained even though it hurt to say. She was starting to really care about the redhead. Cheryl let out a laugh that didn't hold any actual humor.