You don't understand Pt2

Start from the beginning

The next morning Cheryl awoke with a migraine. Everytime her alarm rang it felt like an axe was being dug into her skull. She reached for her phone and quickly turned it off. Her head felt like it was going explode as she slowly sat up in bed. During the night she hadn't gotten a lot of sleep. Between thinking about Toni and the noises coming from her mother's room, it was impossible. Nevertheless, she stood up from her bed and began preparing for school. She wouldn't risk her GPA because of a silly headache.

After brushing her teeth and popping some Advil she made her way back over to her phone. There were no texts from anyone. No texts from Toni . Maybe the girl had finally given up after Cheryl hadn't responded to her last night. She couldn't help the sinking feeling of disappointment. Shaking her head, she put her phone aside and continued getting dressed.

By the time she made it to Riverdale High there was still a few minutes before her first class. Luckily, she hadn't seen any sign of Toni or any of the other serpents for that matter. It was ridiculous to her how aware of her surroundings she had become over the last few days. For instance, she spotted Veronica charging towards her from the otherside of the hallway. Cheryl rolled her eyes, not ready to deal with gossip this early in the morning.

"Hey, glad I could catch you before class started," Veronica said, clearly out of breath. "Listen, Archie is having a house party tonight and of course you're welcome to come. My old friend Nick from New York is in town and I want you to meet him." The redhead already knew where this was going. Veronica loved playing match maker, especially with Cheryl. It was a challenge to her, a game.

"If you're going to try and hook me up with your, most likely, subpar friend all night then count me out," Cheryl retorted, feeling her migraine starting to make a comeback. It was Friday and she had been planning to spend the weekend alone at Thistle House. If she stayed in her room then she could avoid her mother and enjoy herself.

"Come on, Cheryl. I honestly just want you guys to meet. I promise not to bother you for the rest of the night," Veronica pleaded. It was a lie and Cheryl knew it. The minute Veronica had enough alcohol in her she'd be shoving the two of them together. Trying to be drunk cupid.

"I'll think about it," The redhead answered just as the warning bell rang. She grabbed her books and walked away from her locker, not sparing a second glance at Veronica. In the back of her mind she noted that Toni hadn't texted her again and made no attempt to find her at school.

By the end of the school day Cheryl was confused more than anything. She hadn't seen Toni and the girl wasn't in the two classes they shared together. Actually, all the serpents seemed to be missing from classes and the hallway. It surprised her how strongly she felt the urge to text Toni and ask if everything was okay. She pushed it down as she grabbed her books to head home for the weekend. Veronica had continued to pester her at lunch about Archie's party. At this point, she felt that she needed to go just to take her mind off things. Even if Veronica was going to try and pawn her off like a hunk of meat.

___________

By the time Cheryl arrived to Archie's house the party was in full swing. After getting home from school she had taken her time getting ready and decided to show up fashionably late. Her mother luckily hadn't been home as she slipped out the front door. Now, she was pushing her way through drunk Riverdale students. Some were laying around on the furniture while others were dancing like complete idiots. Cheryl could already feel the regret creeping up on her. She wanted to go home. Eventually, she spotted Veronica across the room talking to Archie and a boy she didn't recognize. When she reached them Veronica's face immediately lit up.