Chapter 27

The tree
This church ceiling 
The white misty air 
I'm back here again. Why am I here? Does this connect to Misaki and Nivua? Adam and Eve? Dad? The church? Vampires? I reach my hand out to touch one of the flowers but my hand touches nothing. I open my eyes and I'm back in my room. No this isn't my room. This is my prison. 
I yawn and get up from my bed and head to the closet. To my surprise there were clothes my size. I sigh and pick out a pair of black leggings and a long hoodie and head to the bathroom to get ready. This will be a long day. 

"What do you think you're doing?!" Yuma yelled 
He kind of reminds me of Subaru. They wouldn't get along. 
"Give me that!" Yuma ordered 
"Hey what gives? That's my fried prawn!" Kou retorted 
I open the door and enter to see Yuma and Kou fighting over a prawn. This is very different scenery than before. 
"Don't just take the last fried prawn like it's yours!" Yuma said standing up with the prawn on his fork, "Don't you know the meaning of "equal shares"?
Kou huffed and said, "It's first come, first serve!" 
He then jumped out and tried to grab the prawn but Yuma was faster. 
"Too slow!" Yuma said, "You don't want it, Azusa? You didn't eat much."

That's also different. You never really see much brotherly care with the Sakamaki's; the closest you get is probably the triplets, but even then they are still hostile towards each other. 
"I'll take it...if you're giving it to me." Azusa answered 
"That's not what I asked. Just tell me if you want it or not." Yuma stated 
"Okay... I want it." Azusa said
I watched as Yuma gave him the prawn and Kou didn't protest. They must care a lot about each other by the way they act. I wouldn't think they were vampires trying to drain me dry for eternity if I saw this scene before they kidnapped me. 
"What did I tell you? No, ruckus at the dinner table." Ruki said, placing down another tray of fried prawns. 
"Hey, there's more! You should have said so!" Kou said, immediately grabbing a prawn. 
"Don't take it before the rest of us get any!" Yuma ordered and then turned to Azusa, "Azusa, don't just sit there. Eat before Kou takes it all." 
"You eat, too." Ruki said turning to me
I nodded and took a seat next to Ruki. 
Plated in front of me were some fried prawns and bread rolls with sauces. It looked delicious. At the Sakamaki Mansion there aren't many Japanese meals, mostly American or Italian cuisine. This is the type of food Yui would make for me and dad. Yui...I miss her.
"Hurry up and eat. We don't have time." Ruki ordered 
"Time?" I asked 
"That's right. We have to go to school." Kou said 
"I'm guessing that I am not going?" I asked 
"Right on it Sow." Yuma said 
"The one in charge of keeping an eye on the Masochistic Kitten today is, Azusa." Kou announced 
Of course they wouldn't leave me alone. And they had to leave me alone with the one that likes pain. 

I sighed and followed them to the door with Azusa next to me. 
"We're counting on you Azusa." Ruki said 
"Yeah.." Azusa answered plainly 
"Behave yourself, Sow." Yuma ordered 
Go to hell with your "Sow" shit.
"Azusa can be a bit of a handful, so be careful." Kou warned
Just like that they left. Let's hope I'm alive when they come back. I sighed and turned to look at Azusa but he was gone. I went up to my room and explored it a little. There were some jewelry boxes filled with jewelry. Ones that I wouldn't be able to afford. Unconsciously I touched my cross necklace. Is there really a God out there? Lately I've been wondering if I should keep my faith. Was I even ever a part of it? I took it off and put in one of the jewelry boxes and grabbed a book from one of the shelves to read. 

I sat on the windowsill seat and read the book but I couldn't even finish the first chapter when Azusa greeted me.
"Eve.." Azusa greeted, "Come to... my room..." 
"Why?" I asked 
"I want to... show you something." Azusa answered 
"I'm sorry but I have no idea where your room is." I said 
Azusa nodded and came closer to me. He crouched and picked me up bridal style and teleported to his room.
He could've just given me directions to his room, but I guess that works.
"Azusa, what did you want to show me?" I asked
"These. All... these treasures." Azusa said, pointing to his knife collections.
They are beautiful but dangerous as well. Probably go back a few centuries. I have a bad feeling about staying here. 
"Hey, can I... ask a question?" Azusa asked 
"Sure." I answered 
"Do you... love me?" Azusa asked 
How could he ask that so suddenly. I haven't even talked to him until now.
"I'm sorry, but... I do not share those feelings for you." I replied 
"Will you... hit me?" Azusa asked 
I said I wanted to hurt them, but I didn't want to do it consensually.
"I can't do that." I rejected 
"Oh too bad... you hate me..." Azusa said, As much as I hate it here, I don't hate them, at least not yet. Before I could deny his claim he said, "Your scent….is like...mine"

He then suddenly gets closer to me and goes close to my neck. I was ready to push him away and book it but then he said, "Hey... see this knife? I just sharpened it. I want to see it... Pierce your skin. I bet... it's beautiful." 
I didn't say anything except stare into his eyes. They were purple with a hint of green. They were pretty. I just grabbed his hands gently and pulled them down. 
"You resist... that much?" Azusa asked and then sighed and grabbed my hand placing the blade in it, "Then... cut me... instead." 
"Azusa no." I said 
"It's fine." Azusa said and brought the blade to his neck.
"No!" I rejected and tried to pull my grip away but he was too strong. I pulled to hard and cut his hand, "Azusa!" 
I grabbed his bleeding hand and was caught into a vision.
"You worthless stray!" 
"S-Sorr-"
"Don't talk to me with that annoying tone!" 
"Justin, he's laughing"
"Hey, what's so funny?!"
"Will you... please...hit me more?" 
"What a freak. Melissa, Christina, let's get out of here!" 
I feel so sad and happy. It's like I'm feeling someone else's emotions. Are they Azusa's? His memories are so sad yet he's so happy. His thoughts are begging to live but only with pain. Stop, please. I don't want to see them. If I do then I won't be able to dislike him. 

I then snapped out of the vision when he pulled his hand away.
"Yes... that's good." He smiled and brought his blood hand to his eyes, "That's very good."
It can't get infected because he's a vampire, that's a good thing.
I'm speechless. What should I say? 
"Azusa..." I pause, "Let's go outside for a little bit."
All I know is that it's best to not stay in a room with knives for him and for me. I grabbed his hand gently and led him outside the room. 
"You can't hurt yourself everytime you want to feel loved." I muttered, "It's not healthy."
"Then can I hurt you?" Azusa asked 
"No, that's not healthy either." I rejected, "Do you have a piano?" 
Azusa nodded and let me towards it. It was in a room filled with other instruments like a harp and trumpet. I grabbed his hand and led him over to sit next to me at the piano.
"When I used to feel sad I would play the piano." I stated, "I wanted to feel loved at that time so I played the piano. It didn't bring me love but It filled a small part of me that was missing. And I think you need that to."
Why am I helping him? Why am I being kind? Is it because I feel empathy towards him? But why? Stupid idiot big heart.
"I'm not sad.." Azusa said 
"No you are. You're just to blind to see it." I said, "Just Listen."

I grabbed his fingers gently and used them as a guide to play the song. It was a mystery as to what song it was. I would always play this one tune when I was sad. It just came to me. 
I pressed key by key and delivered the beautiful tune. It was mellow but soft and was filled with happiness. Something I want Azusa to feel. I may dislike him, but that doesn't mean I'm heartless.
"Its... beautiful." Azusa said
"What do you feel?" I asked 
"I dont...know." Azusa responded, "I feel less... underwater." 
"Why don't you always feel like that?" I asked 
"I don't... know." Azusa answered 
Sometimes I feel like that. Like I don't know my feelings. Who am I kidding? I feel like that all the time.
"That's okay." I said, "You have a lot of time to figure that out."
Azusa nodded and continued allowing me to play the piano. After a few minutes I feel his hand move my braid to the right.
"What's wrong?" I asked 
"Can I... drink your blood?" Azusa asked 
Do I have a choice? 
I nodded and turned my head forwards.
I closed my eyes and allowed his fangs to sink into my neck. In seconds I feel all my negative emotions slip away and a wave of calmness washes over me. I gasp but quickly cover my mouth. I feel so relaxed. 
"It's so velvety.... and smooth..." Azusa said and bit the back of my neck.
I am so calm and relaxed that it's all I can focus on. I feel so sleepy...
"That's enough..." are the last words I hear before I pass out.