Chapter 36

The silence is comforting. Well it would be if Yui stopped talking my head off. But honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. 

"Do you remember when we were little that we would pull pranks on dad all the time? Like tripping him with string, when he was trying to find us during hide and seek?" Yui asked 
"How could I forget, I'm the one who came up with the plan, and almost all the other pranks." I laughed 

Our laughter died down and turned to silence, as we both stared into the stars. Remembering the good times was fun, but not when the person you're remembering is dead. 
"We changed so much. Dad would be proud of us." Yui smiled and stated 
"Yeah he would be..." I smiled 
We were interrupted by the bell sadly and Yui had to leave for her next class. She kissed my cheek and left. Now I'm all alone. I wonder if the Mukami's or Sakamaki's have class right now. 
"What's on your mind bunny?" 

I jumped in surprise and said, "Laito! You scared me!"
Laito laughed and said, "Sorry couldn't help myself." 
I glared at him until I heard another voice on the other side of me.
"Yours Truly demands to know what is on your mind."
"Why are you both here? Don't you guys have class?" I asked 
"You know when your centuries old, school doesn't really matter." Laito answered 
"You both could be my grandpa." I muttered, "How come you guys look so young? When did you stop aging?" 
"Usually we all stop aging at 25, but because we all come from the vampire king, we stop aging when we mature." 

I stared sadly at both of them when he said "mature". Basically he meant that they stopped aging when they were no longer innocent.
I smiled at Laito and Ayato, before standing up and grabbing my bag.
"Eh where are you going?" Laito asked 
"I want to move more towards the middle and lay down." I answered 
I dropped my bag and was about to sit, when Ayato stopped me. 
"Don't sit on the bare ground." Ayato ordered. He took off his blazer, along with Laito and placed them on the ground.

I smiled at the gesture and thanked them both. We all layed down and stared at the stats. It was comfortable silences until I said, "You know being the priest daughter wasn't always sunshine and rainbows. People would expect more from you. People wanted to become my friends to be in the good graces of God. If only they knew that, that wasn't how it worked. I remember a woman bowing to my knees on the concrete of Utashinai, to cure her sick son. Her son died a week after and I was to blame."

I sighed unhappily at the memory. It wasn't my most favorite one. It was the day I realized that I wasn't a little girl. I am Jesus in the eyes of Utashinai people. It was messed up. 
"What I'm trying to get at, is that at one point in our lives we lose our innocence. So we do not be sad that you lost yours, because we all grow from them." I said, "So.. that we can become stronger people." 
After a couple moments of silence Ayato spoke, "Does taking your virginity count as taking all your innocence. Cause I bet that it could make me stronger." 

I sent a fireball at him ignoring the laughter I got.
"Idiot!" I yelled 
I huffed and lied back down turning to my side to face Ayato. I didn't realize how tired I was until I was finally fully relaxed.
"I'm tired..." I whined, "I have 3 more classes after this."
"Why not just take a little nap Bunny?" Laito asked draping one his arms around my waist.
"Because I want to graduate." I answered, trying to stop my eyes from closing.
"Yours Truly will just have to convince Reiji to make sure you graduate." Ayato said, "Sleep."
Instead of protesting like always do, I shifted and laid my head against Ayato's chest, with my head on his arm. But for some reason I just couldn't settle and sleep.
"Maybe I'll just go to class." I yawned 
"I thought you were tired?" Laito teased 
"I am.. I just can't sleep. M ' missing something." I slurred 
"I think that I may know what it is." Laito said, sneakily making his hands to from of my collars shirt. He unbuttoned the top portion, while Ayato unbuttoned the bottom. Laito pulled the button up down until it was at my waist.