the aftermath

You've been well awake for over maybe two hours but have just been staying in bed. Trying to convince yourself that its not that deep and you have no reason to be upset.

But his words hurt they cut deep and it made you feel like shit. I mean why wouldn't you? The one person that you loved adored even more than anything...

Called you annoying and narcissistic. Sure it wasn't the worst things on the world but it still hurt they still made you feel like a peice of shit and maybe just maybe you were.

Maybe you were being selfish always doing things Xiao didn't enjoy like going trick or treating or homecoming maybe you just pushed him off the edge with your stupid recital.

Then a thought comes in your head... Why think about it when you can just not think at all just lay there or do anything besides think.

Walking over to a small book stack you sigh picking a random one up and reading it why think about such trivial things when you can just read. Reading is a beautiful thing. It helps you forget about everything while not turning to drastic measures

Finally after being done mindlessly reading the book you roam around your home almost not even recognizing the walls around you.

Carefully walking down the stairs not bothering to turn on any lights you get a glass of water only to hate the taste of the tap water instantly dumping it out.

Sunday rolls around like non other and your still holed up in your house not bothering to go outside look outside or even do anything literally only laying on your side and mindlessly scrolling through your phone trying to find something to keep yourself busy. something anything really.

Sighing and almost tossing your phone in a fit of rage you set it down carefully and decide to sleep. just to sleep everything away.

Monday

Deciding thats its better not to go to school. Just going back to sleep not willing to see anyone today. I mean why would you? So you can just ignore Xiao? No youd rather not show up at all i mean why would you?

Sighing and waking up with a pop in your shoulder and stretching sighing in contentment feeling much better but not wanting to go outside in fear of running into people.

But instead muttering a quick 'fuck it' and putting on a jacket and running out going to a nice little convince store away from the school in fear of running into people even though it was forty-five minutes since school had ended.

Just as your about to pay you hear a "Hey is that y/n?" Aether sickly sweet voice says repeating a its not his fault over and over in your head to keep yourself from being hostile to him.

Trying to walk out you then hear someone call your name sighing at being caught you turn around to see the twins.

"Haha whats up?" she smiles at them "oh nothing just you weren't at school today?" he asks "yeeaaah I didnt wanna go today" you say not wanting to make up an excuse

"Hey, do you know whats wrong with Xiao" a genuine voice asks "wrong with Xiao?" you repeat keeping tour voice and face from going sour

"Yeah... he didnt look to good and refused to talk to us" Aether informs "mmmm, nope! theres nothing that i can think of" you lie its none of their business to be quite honest haha honest.

Anyways clapping your hands to get them to stop staring "Its rude to stare yknow" she sasses like her usual stuff "but anyways I'll see y'all later" she says going between the gap of the twins patting their shoulders and thats when Aether tenses under her gaze devoid of any kindness almost like a glare but not he just knows it not how you usually look at him.

Quickly seeing his eyes on her she smiles and walks out leaving him startled and confused. Whatd he do? Why? Was it an accident? How do you accidentally glare at someone? His sister breaking his trance.

"You good?" she asks "Yeah 'm fine lets jus' get our snacks" he smiles not wanting to say anything or give any impression of what he saw. Maybe it was just in his head.

Walking home you see no one on your way there to your satisfaction and and happiness but Aethers words keep ringing in your mind.

Xiao wasnt looking well and he had to be sick. Xiao mever gets sick though. But when he does... It's bad he cant do nothing and his fevers are horrible sometimes its hard to watch.

He refuses all help and sometimes you cant even tell when hes sick until he collapses hoping that this in fact isnt the case and hes just looking a little under the weather.

Sighing you'll see what to do if you actually go to school tomorrow which you probably wont cause your still a little angry at Xiao but you cant run away from your problems forever

Tuesday

deciding not to go to school again until your awaken by a call a call that sends you in a rushed hurry throwing on anything to get out and running to school to see Xiao with Aether passed out on the cold snow.

And in an instant you can see hes sick and haven't gotten any sleep, "This fucking idiot" you mutter under your breath wanting to drag him by the are for not taking care of himself.

Aethers and Lumines eyes were on you the whole time you sigh walking over to him still out of breath and you sigh "Let's see if I can carry your heavy ass" you sigh annoyance in your voice.

Grabbing under his arms and saying a quick "nope" while dropping him "y/n we could help you" Aether tries to say "thatd look hella suspicious like three people caring an unconscious person" you sigh rubbing the bridge of you nose.

"yeah but so is one person carrying another unconscious person is sus" he huffs in return you just somehow get Xiao on your back

And walking away slowly making sure to balance yours and Xiaos weight so you both don't fall. sighing angrily and internally yelling at him for not taking care of himself again.