And I Thought I'd Survive it

Word Count: 1960

Warnings: sh & d3ath

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ☠ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ☠ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ☠ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ☠ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

I look down at my feet, tears rolling down my face. "Please" I sob, "fix this". I shake my head and look back up, smiling, "thanks". 

I walk along the street to school. If you don't hurry up you'll be late. I laugh and start walking faster, "no one would miss me if I just didn't turn up". I would. "You can't ever leave me". Well, if I could, I would miss you. I look around at all the other people talking to 'themselves', I notice someone glancing at me and smile at them, they roll their eyes and say something, probably an insult. I stop and screw my eyes shut, "hey, please get rid of this" I ask softly. I look up, expecting happiness and meaning but all I feel is sad and alone. "Hello? Please fix this". I look around, expecting to see someone who will tell me that this was just a small test and for happiness to come back, but no one walks up to me, and happiness is still out of reach. I start to feel rising anger, "fix this" I spit the words out aggressively. Ok, ok, be patient. As soon as I hear her voice calmness regains and I walk on. Maybe you should skip school. I shake my head, "no way". Why not? You said it yourself, no one would miss you. I think about it, "not even dad would miss me". Exactly, the only one who cares about you is right here. I ponder, feeling rebellious and independent, "let's do this". I can practically feel her nodding, good.

I climb in through the back window and stuff a backpack with anything of sentimental value in and walk towards the window, so close to freedom. "Ah" I hear myself gasp. I frown in confusion. I try to take another step but my feet just won't move. "Dad!" I yell. Wait. No. I didn't yell that, I certainly didn't want to. Dad comes storming into my room buzzing with anger. "What the hell are you doing here!" He yells angrily. "I-I" I stutter but just can't find the words. He shakes his head, calmness surrounding him. "Go sit on the couch, I need to make a call" he commands and walks out. I sigh, "that was close". Yes, it was. I walk to the couch and fall onto it. An ad for AI implants flashes onto the screen 'a trustworthy friend that will always have your back' the spokesman says happily, 'you'll never be sad again' a cheery woman says. I roll my eyes. What was that. "Nothing" I whisper. It didn't seem like nothing to me. I shake my head, "whatever". "Get up" Dad bellows from behind me. I swallow thickly and get up. "Why were you here?" He asks. "I was-" I start but am cut off, "was going to steal everything you love and then disappear" I finish. My eyes widen. Dad's face curls up in rage, "WHAT. THE. HELL." he looks down, and then back up. A tear rolls down my cheek. He points to my room, I walk in there obeying him, it's not like I want a broken bone.

I lie on my bed, crying uncontrollably, with every breath I beg for these terrible feelings to be forgotten, with every breath I beg for serenity, but she does nothing. Are you quite done yet? I feel her irritation. HOW THE HELL IS SHE IRRITATED! Woah, no need to throw a tantrum. I close my eyes and curl up into a ball, remembering that video. I block off my thoughts, I block her out. I think it's working. I sigh in relief and open my eyes. That was pathetic. I screw my eyes shut and take a deep breath, stop crying. I try again, focussing harder this time, pushing her away with more force. Good, yes that will definit... I feel her fading out. I grin, I've never been so happy. Wait. Concentrate, lose focus and she'll come back, lose focus and you won't be able to make a plan. I try to think back to that video, that random, 'stupid' - as dad said - video. Where did the man come from. I think so hard my head hurts and I feel her creeping back in. I push her back away and smile, how evil of me. I laugh at that, the first time I've ever laughed without her helping me. Cross St! That's where he is! That's where I'm going! I jump up, open my eyes and do a little dance. That's dorky, so where are we going exactly? I stop dancing and freeze, but still smile, I blocked her out! I feel her familiar irritation and laugh. You're stupid and I'm going to make life miserable. She laughs like a witch in the movies. I turn pale, I didn't know she could laugh.