Chapter 20: "I want to go back"

The facility. I was about to see my brother. I didn't know if I was ready, but at this point I didn't have a choice.

Eret broke down the door with his bloodvines. There were two guard behind the door. We killed them quickly. I was alredy covered in blood. We made our way through the building. Lots of guards and scientists everywhere. We all attacked and got the worst out of us. I think I killed 20 people, but I don't remember clearly.

We came into a big hallway. There were  doors leading to more hallways. On one of the doors it wrote "Demons".
'Dream! Dream! You need to open this door for me!' The door in front of busted open. I ran through the hallway. Many doors with different text on them.
One caught my eye. It had no text on it.
The door opened and I ran in. There were lots of books on a table in the room. I jumped onto the table. One of the books was called "subjects". I opened the book. I had the information of every single thing in the facility. I flipped through the book till I came across a specific page.

Subject 1017

Real name: Ranboo Innit

Age: 17

Species: Demon

Appearance: a demon with half black half black claws, tail, horns and skin. One eye is pink while the other is green.

Behaviour: He can teleport to an extent. He can't fly despite having wings. When he's claws, tail, horns and skin fully black he's aggressive. When he's fully white he's easily scared and peacefull. He's memory is not too good. He's aggressive side can be actived randomly.

Experiments: The most notable experiment was with whiter flowers. Once in contact with the flower he's horns, tail, claws and skin turned black becoming aggressive. He almost killed the scientist conducting the experiment.

I read the name. That was my brother. Subject 1017. I rushed out of the room into the hallway. I looked at every single one. Finally I came to a door with the numbers 1017 written on it. I broke through the door. There was a small window in the room next to a table. I jumped onto table and looked into the window. It was small white bright room.

There he was. Laying on the floor. I opened the little door beside the window. He looked at me. He turned black. Shit. What do I do?

"Hello? I'm not here to hurt you." He got up. He looked at me. "I'm your brother, Tommy, remember me?" I openedy arms. He's skin turned white.

The building shook. We need to get out of here fast. Grabbed his arm started running. I ran through the room, hallway, blood, corpses. I got outside. The gang was there. They were all out of breath. Wilbur was on a girls shoulder. She looked like a salmon hybrid. She must be Sally. Ranboo stood next to me still not saying a word. They looked at him.

"Thank god you're alive!" Nikki hugged me and Ranboo. Nikki looked at Ranboo. "I suppose your Tommy's brother Ranboo!" She put her hand to shake his, but he just stood there. "Yeah, I-I guess..." Ranboo mumbled quietly. He looked around himself. He hadn't been outside for years. The sun was shining and the wind was blowing.

"We should probably get going." Eret broke the silence. I sat on Nikki's shoulder. Nikki picked up Ranboo and carried him in her arms. For the whole walk he stayed quiet. It must of been a lot to process.

This time instead of staying the night in the woods we camped at a valley full of flowers. Nikki make a campfire. We all ate some fruit Eret bought the other day. When we gave some fruit to Ranboo he was confused. "Ranboo you eat this." I pointed at the strawberries in his hands. "Are you sure he speaks english?" Wilbur asked. "Of course he does! He's just probably still shocked." I said. Sally was also quiet. She only whispered things into Wilbur's ear.

We all laid down to sleep. I fell a sleep quickly.

I heard whispers. I opened one eye to see what's happening. Ranboo was on Tubbo's shoulder. They were talking. How come he didn’t talk to me first? Maybe they know each other? But how? I pretended to move in my sleep. They stopped talking to each other for a second. They started talking again, but thus time I could hear them.

"For a second I thought he woke up."

"Me too."

"So, is he really your brother? He doesn't really look like you."

"I'm not really sure... I don't remember much of what happened before I was taken. I just remember the day I was taken."

"Can you tell me?"

"We woke and his head-..."

I fell asleep. I woke up in the morning when everyone was already up. Ranboo was quiet again. I wanted to talk to him, but I didn’t know where to start.

We started travelling, but this time Ranboo sat on Tubbo's shoulder. I just wanted my brother back, but now I'm not even sure if I should of done this. Maybe I shouldn't have listened to Dream. After all he kinda left me. He stopped talking to me a few days ago. I tried calling him to no answer except the time we reached the facility. I just want to be back in my old room. Sad and lonely in the dark reading books. I pretend that I'm happy, but I don't know if this is better than how it was before.

"Are you okay?" Nikki stopped and asked me. I didn’t realise, but I started sobbing. "Yeah, I'm fine" I wiped my tears away.

I want to go back.