Chapter 2: "Lose"

Sorry guys, I forgot to tell you that this is all happening in the 15th century. Don't judge me if some historic facts are wrong.
----------------------------------

I came home from school and went straight to my room. My parents were concerned, but not enough to do anything about it. My room was dull and cold.

I had been very lonely since they took Ranboo. I still remember that day.

The guards pulled us in to the school hallway. We were very confused and scared. A man with a white coat injected something in to us. We both passed out.

I remember waking up in hospital. To my right was Ranboo in a hospital bed. He was still passed out. I don't know long past, but he finally woke up.

"Ranboo! Your awake!" I was really happy he woke up. "Tommy, where are we? Why are we in a hospital?" the happiness soon went away. "I don't know. I'm scared, Ranboo. What are they going to do to us?" I said.

Suddenly a nurse walked in. She took Ranboo by the hand and left the room with him. That was the last time I saw my brother.

I never found out what happened to him. I had so much to tell him. So much... And I had no idea how much I was going to miss him...

After sometime a doctor walked in. He looked a bit scared. But who was he scared of? Me? He asked me to transform. I didn't want to transform. "I don't want to be a demon. " I said to him. "It's ok, your going to be fine." He looked a bit unsure. I transformed, but this time there was no blood or pain. Horns came out of my head, my arms and legs became claws and a tail waved behind me.

The doctor looked at me and asked some more questions. He wrote everything down on a piece of paper. I was then taken out of the room to the hallway. My parents were there crying. I ran to them in to a big hug.

"I'm sorry Tommy... Ranboo couldn't make it...." my mom said though sobs. "What do you mean he didn't make it? What does that mean?" I started to get worried. My mom broke into heavy sobs, but so did my dad. Only the doctor had the strength to say it. "He's dead. I'm sorry." The doctor said to me.

"What? Ranboo's dead?" I couldn't believe what was happening. My brother is dead.

I never asked for details. It was just too painful.

Two weeks before Ranboo died I asked my mother something. "Mom?" She turned around and looked at me. "Yes, honey?" She said. "Mom, how that your hair and dad's hair is brown and my is blonde and Ranboo's black." Her facial expression changed. "Well... I guess it's better to tell you now." She said and let out a breath.

"See you and Ranboo are adopted." She was nervous. "Just because you weren't pregnant with us doesn't mean that we aren't your children. Right?" I said a bit sad because I realised Ranboo and I weren't really twins. "Yes, honey. You and Ranboo will always be my children." She said.

That's what I needed to tell Ranboo. That we weren't actual twins. I didn't tell him sooner because I felt like he was going to stop seeing me as a brother.

I didn't want to lose him, but did anyway.

---------------------------------
576 words