The Start of...

Bella reads Renesmée a poem for bedtime as Loki lays at the foot of her bed. "Mom," she calls out with her eyes still closed. "Did Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper run away because we're gonna die?" Her big, doe brown eyes meet her mother's golden ones. "Loki thinks they left because they don't want him anymore... Do they not want to be in our family anymore?"

   "No," Bella wraps her arms around her daughter, taking a glance at the wolf. "I think they went away to keep us safe. And that's what the others are here for, too." Running her pale fingers through Renesmée's light brown locks. I'll never let anyone hurt you." The vampling nods and calls Loki up to lie next to her; Bella gets up and kisses her daughter's head. "Go to sleep; Loki will also protect you." Listening to both her daughters and Loki's heartbeat, she whispers to Loki. "They'll come back; you have to fight the little wolf. Everyone needs you, so please don't give up." Earning a soft wine from the wolf.

   Bella gets up and reads the note again before sighing and glancing at the bookshelf. Loki comes out of the bedroom when Edward goes to run the bath. Going up to the bookshelf and grabs the one that smells the most like Alice. Gripping it in his mouth and he goes to leave. Bella calls him over, and he places it on Bella's lap before turning around, grabbing the shirt along with one of Jasper's shirts, and going back to Renesmée. Bella opens the book confused: J. Jenks, Seattle - Destroy this. Alice made sure that only I would get the message because only my mind would be safe from Aro. That's why they left Loki; they knew he'd be the only one still looking for their scent everywhere.

🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

Mama Vampire came home with the vampling and her imprinter. When she hurried to her room, Alistair went to check on her. Only to see her writing a note and packing a get-a-way bag. "It's a romantic notion, isn't it?" Loki appears beside him; Alistair got him to eat and drink some food today. He wanted to share a small accomplishment with the little girl before he caught Bella. "That a righteous few can defy a great evil." He pets Loki's head softly, "I must admit. You even had me believing... for a moment." Chuckling softly to himself, "Well, good luck. You're gonna need it. And stop sending this mutt to distract me." He turns around, and Loki yelps as Alistair kicks him into the wall. His frail bones from the lack of eating make a sickening crack, "cheers."

🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

The next night, everyone stood by the bonfire. Loki, all wrapped up with a few fractured ribs, is lying outside of Renesmée's tent they have set up for her. He kept smelling the scent of a dying dog in there so he refused to step inside. Everyone swapped stories while Bella was saying her goodbyes. No one knew what tomorrow would bring them, war, death, suffering, or peace and tranquility.

🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

Standing on the same battlefield the Cullens and shifters had fought on before. Everyone was paired off with their mates. Loki was standing off on his vampling pup; the cold air was still. Feeling the threat getting closer by the second. Coming from the tree line were many shades of black-hooded figures approaching. Hearing the shifters howl and stand by his side, Sam saw the bandages on the wolf's chest and grew concerned for him, as did the rest of the pack. Were the Cullens abusing the poor wolf?

   Carlisle steps forward, "Aro can't let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner." Aro smiles and steps forward, saying it's fair, but given the army, he's set against them, there is no room for talking. "I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken here." Caius gets offended, telling them they can see the child and are no fools. Carlisle raises his voice, "She is not an IMMORTAL!" looking around at the guards before turning towards his granddaughter. "These witnesses can attest to that, or you can look."

   Aro looks towards Bella, sees the child clinging to her, and asks for Edward to step forward. Looking through his mind, he sees Bella thinking she was pregnant when she died giving birth to Renesmée. The leader of the Volturi asks to meet her. Edward turns around and looks towards his mate. Bella and Jacob go start walking towards them, but after taking a few steps, she hesitates. Looking behind her at Emmett. Rosalie becomes scared for her mate when he starts to go towards them. Loki growls, making him stop when Emmett's golden eyes meet the wolf's caramel and grey ones. He somehow knew what the wolf wanted, stepping back with his mate and calming her down. Loki takes Emmett's place, growling at Bella for trying to take away more of his dwindling pack.

   The closer they get to the leader, Aro hears her abnormally fast heartbeat and laughs. The vampling steps forward, "Hello, Aro," and touches his face to show him her memories. Jacob growls before joining the others and returning to their side. Loki stays; he sits down, watching them carefully as they do the same. Aro turns towards his followers and tells them that it's true: the newborn Bella had her before she was turned.

   Caius calls for them to bring forth the informer after a slight argument with his brother. When she confirms that the child is bigger and that she takes full responsibility for her actions, she turns to her sisters and apologizes. The guards holding her crack her neck before punching it off. The Denali sisters scream in horror, and Bella places Renesmée on Jacob's back as Caius sets her body on fire. Loki doesn't flinch as his eyes never leave Aro. The sisters go to attack before the others stop them and tell them that's exactly what they want. Edward finally gets everything under control and starts walking towards Bella when Aro subtly signals to Jane.

   Jane looks at Edward, "pain." Edward drops to a knee grunting in pain, Loki growls and stands up ready to attack. Before Bella extends her shield to him and the other vampires and shifters. Jane furrows her brows in confusion and starts looking at each person, but still nothing. When Jane doesn't succeed with them and is annoyed with the wolf's growling, she looks toward the wolf in front of Aro. Loki whimpers and yelps; suddenly, his yelps and whimpers stop, and he is lying in the snow. Staring Jane in the eyes while she inflicts more pain onto him, and all he does is growl and not move,  showing how strong he is in the only way he can.