Baseball

The next day, there was thunder all around, but no sign of rain yet. Charlie decided to clean his shotgun while Shadow lay on his feet. Still comforting him from what happened to his friend, Bella walked in and placed another can of beer on the table. "I got you another one," she said, thinking maybe it would dampen the blow.

   "Thanks," Charlie blew down the double borrow of the shotgun. Before setting the pipet down, Shadow got up, needing to be active, so she started pacing around the first story. You see, Shadow stopped getting toys after she turned two. Charlie just always took her for a jog. That was one of the many differences between how he treated Bear and now with Shadow. His excuse was that the toys were too distracting for her.

   "I have a date with Edward Cullen," she blurted out like word vomit. There was a pause as the air grew tense.

   Charlie reaches for the polish. " Isn't he a little too old for you?" he asks, glancing at her before polishing the riffle. When Bella mentions that they are both juniors, she slips in that she thinks he likes the family. "I thought you didn't like anyone in town." The chief huffs out before reaching over and adjusting the beer can to align with his already opened one.

   "Technically, Edward lives just outside of town." The chief rolled his eyes. He's right outside; he wanted to meet you. Well, officially." Charlie gave her a 'really' look. "Be nice; he's really important." This made Shadow huff, and if she could roll her eyes, she would along with Charlie.

   Chief draws an imaginary halo above his head before Bella goes out to get Edward. He flicked the 'halo' before groaning and getting up glancing at Shadow. "Bring him in," well, if I can't shoot him... The next best thing is Shadow. He whistles and points to his to the ground next to him, Shadow gets up and without hesitation goes to his heel. Now, she is someone to be scared of, and both men know it.

   Edward can see the images in Charlie's mind. He is imagining what he wants the Dutch shepherd to do to him. The stone-cold boy tenses because he has already been between those pearly whites before. "Chief Swan," he says, shaking his hand. I wanted to introduce myself formally. I'm Edward Cullen." As they shake hands, he glances towards Shadow, hoping she won't attack; his body involuntarily flinches slightly.

   Charlie smirks for a second, knowing his plan is working, "Hi, Edward." Meanwhile, Shadow was sitting there, keeping a close eye on them. Watching Edward closely, she isn't fooled by his niceness. Sure, he gives her presents and pets, but sensing her partner's uneasiness. Didn't help her suspicions with the pale corpse boy baring her teeth in a warning. Edward had moved too quickly for her liking, she didn't want him to harm my human, nor pup, even if they are mates.

 ☽🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

My human made me go with the pup and corpse, but I got to go for a car ride. It was weird not having my doors or windows. Sniffing all the smells in the jeep, Edward got tense when I leaned forward and sniffed his hair, then neck, and moved on to the pup. Rubbing my scent on both of them to protect them from the dangers in the forest. Edward chuckled as we pulled to a stop. What's so funny? Barking at him to let me out. We started walking, and I smelled some of the scents in the car and more.

   We made it to a clearing, and I was tugged back by the pup; she choked me for the 3rd time since we left the car. I turn my head and growl at her to apologize this time. "Sorry girl, I slipped." Huffing in annoyance I decided to forgive her, the pup is very clumsy. I took my lead out of her hands and sat down, staring at Edward. Seems like he got my message as he held out his hand and I placed it in his hands before walking again. Suddenly I see more moving corpses, then I see a ball. Edward played fetch with me before. So I got excited, pulling on the lead more wanting to get the ball, panting with my tail wagging like crazy.