Chapter 26- Bride

Start from the beginning

I thought it’s natural. They said they’re just disciplining me because I was hard-headed and pain in their ass.

Later in life I realized it isn’t. It’s abnormal. But I didn’t tell anybody. Nobody’s there to tell anyway. So I kept it to myself hoping things will change for the better. Hoping someday they learn to eventually love me as their own flesh and blood.

But that hope just remains hope. Nothing of such happened even in my dreams. They’re all nightmares.

I did homeschooling both elementary and high school. That time, I got tired of hoping and told to myself, if nobody wants to love me, then I’ll just love myself deeply.

I learned to have confidence. I started to sneak out of the house and do what I want to do. Their vacation is my freedom. Whenever they’re not around, I’m free like a bird finally out of its cage.

I learned to appreciate myself. I learned to stand up for what I believe in. I started to not care what other’s going to say about me. I started to ignore the stares I’m getting whenever I’m out in the open.

I learned how to be invincible. And I mastered that talent.

But now, I’m back in this hell again and I really want to go out for good. Forever. If that’s even possible?

And that man is my only hope of escape.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

We’re in front of the priest about to make our vows, but there’s no sign of him. He will not come to rescue me. I’m on it on my own as always.

I’m alone to bear everything.

I secretly reached out for the strings of my detachable skirt. I designed my own gown for this sole purpose.

I looked at my soon-to-be husband in the corner of my eye. He looks devilishly handsome on his tux. I’m almost fall victim of his charm. But I started to wonder why this Greek god had sudden interest in me. And that question was answered recently when I discovered their evil plans.

He has no clue that any moment from now, his bride will run off and leave him in the altar being pitied upon and gawked at. He’ll be humiliated. He deserved it. They all do deserve it. How I wish I will be here to see their reactions. How I wish I could see how they’ll try to fake their smiles and fail miserably in the effort.

But sadly, I’ll never be able to see them on despair, because I’ll be running for my freedom at that very same moment.

“Zachary, do you take Shane whom you hold by the hand to be your lawfully wedded wife, and do you covenant to be true to her, to love, cherish, and protect her, in sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, until death do you part?”

“I do.” My soon-to-be husband said very eagerly the moment the priest finished his lines. He’s too excited to be humiliated I see.