“Veer people are staring, Please look away” She requested, eyes darting towards the audience.

People can go to hell for all he cared.

“Lets go and jump in the crowd” he muttered and blinked slowly, willing to look away from her, he sighed when he finally succeeded.

Taking in the party awaiting in front.
They stood near the entrance of the ball room. The place decorated with silver and maroon curtains, white fairy lights and a small chandeliers spread all over the roof.

It seemed like whole of the world designers decided to go all in a frenzy of competitiveness and got people representing them. Wanting to be in the list of best. Different couture, vibrant colors, stylish designs and one of a kind pieces with ladies flaunting jewelries, promoting their favorite brands. Showing off wealth, status and beauty standards.

Expensive champagne being served all over keeping the guests sated. It was just over the top. A celebration so royal and magnificent. Upholding the name of the Royal Family of Marwai.

“This is so …” Mahira searched for a word.

“Extravagant and Godey?” he piped.

“Not the word I was thinking but yeah it will work” she admitted sheepishly.

His hold on her waist tightened a little noticing gazes on her, she shifted closer to him and he welcomed her wholeheartedly. She didn’t like spotlight but eventually it falls on her all because of her being her. Delicate and beautiful.

He had lost the count of how many times he had used the word for her in his mind but then he didn’t care.

He nodded at the greetings, exchanging some and introducing Mahira to those he was well acquainted with. Just handful people.

“You’re late Malik”

A voice noted in disappointment. Rajveer’s lips quirked in a smirk. He turned to look at the face he haven’t seen for more than a year, if magazines, social media, newspaper and pictures weren’t considered.

“Was Prince Indraneel Dhanrajgir waiting for me?” he cocked a brow, eyes glinting in mischief.

“I wouldn’t bruise your ego knowing you might leave me hanging here, so consider it a Yes” he stated with a smirk, pocketing his hands.

His eyes roamed his face and then darted to Mahira.

Instinctively RV's arm shot to her waist, drawing her close. “Meet my wife Inder, Mahira” he looked towards her “Ira he is my friend..”

“Just friend?” he cut him off in disagreement.

“Only you can live after cutting me off” RV glared him, continuing “Ira meet my Best friend, His royal Ass-ness Prince Indraneel Dhanrajgir”

“Veer” Mahira elbowed him, glaring him for cursing. 

“High time someone tightened you up” Inder chuckled, forwarding his hand and taking in Mahira’s. He brought it to his lips and placed a kiss on her knuckles. “Are you here under any duress? Please say Yes so I can throw him into Royal Dungeons. I have been looking for a reason to do it for a decade now”

“Nice to meet you and No. No duress” Mahira chuckled. Prying her hand gracefully away from him. RV was proud of her.

“You broke my dream lady” he said somberly.

Mahira laughed.

His eyes narrowed on her and him, he wanted to make her laugh. Only him.

“I don’t have to throw you in a dungeon or anywhere else for the matter Prince. In my knowledge there is a pending proposal? I’m sure it’s going to be bad as it is” RV smirked, eyes taking in the drop of his teasing grin.