forty-two - him

look in the mirror,

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|Today was going to be a day of interest.

Yuki Sohma was shaking. Trembling. With every step he took further into the Sohma Estate, he could feel his heart beat louder and louder, the pace getting quicker.

His feet felt like jelly, of a shape yet very much not. He could still walk, yes, but it took tremendous effort to keep going. 'What am I going to do about this pathetic, cowardly heart of mine?' He frowned, not wanting to be like this yet not being able to have much of a say, given that this was how he was truly feeling.

He hated being like this, he really did. But could you blame him? The very person he wanted to confront at the moment was the same person who once promised him friendship and care, yet broke all those promises and tormented him to no end.

While he felt hatred boiling at the pit of his stomach, a part of him had never found her wrong. As the rat or as himself without the title, he knew he could relate. What's so wrong about not wanting to be abandoned? To feel distant?

To the other Sohmas, he was the rat. The one in first place - the champion among them all. This did nothing but increase the distance he could feel between him and the rest of the zodiac, and even the Sohmas outside of the circle.

To his classmates at school, he was a prince. The perfect boy - member of the student council, smart, beautiful... Not only girls but even boys were falling for him left and right. Everyone looked up to him not as a fellow classmate, but as someone so perfect, he was never further away from them than he was right now.

But.

To him, she was everything. Nobody else could make him feel that way. Nobody else would look at him the same way she did - a normal human, who was in need of as much love and care as anyone else.

Never before had the feelings of fear of being abandoned dominated his heart so strongly as they did now.

Though he felt never-ending warmth whenever he was with her, there were moments where he was afraid she would leave him. The fear would bite him from the inside, slowly making holes in his security of himself, in his walls.

And yet, who out of the two was the one to leave? It was him. He became the one thing he feared of the relationship.

Love had always been strange, hadn't it?

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

are you who you really think you are?

words: 428
published: 30/11/2021

.

.

.
a/n:

hello everyone. i hope you're doing okay :)

apologies for the extremely late chapter - i was having problems coming up with how to write yuki's confrontation with akito. i wanted to make sure i addressed everything i wanted to address and that took a while HAHAHA sorryy to keep you all waiting!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS BUILD-UP and please look forward to the actual shit going down in the next few chapters! :D 

~~~