thirty-five - you

yes.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"Farewell."

Ah, fuck.

Was this how it was supposed to end?

All those times - seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months - you've spent knowing each other, ever since you'd so-called 'met' on that road... What was it all for?

If it was to end so abruptly like this, would you have gone with it from the start?

Would you still have spent time with him like this? Invest yourself in this... relationship?

'Yes.'

"How wonderful," you muttered to yourself, though you sounded anything but pleased. Up until the end, you could not bear to come to a calm, still conclusion. A moment ago, you'd been happy to see him go, see him finally stop tipping the axis of your world like it was nothing. Finally, you would have some control over how you feel and act again.

Then you'd become sad to see him go - after all, if he were to disappear like many other people have before, wouldn't it be time for you to start truly breaking? Seeing your trust betray this many times surely wasn't healthy, was it?

And then, you'd become content. Content that he'd step into your life at all. If he was never here, would you still have that perception of men of yours? Would you still think of the world like you had before?

And now.

"Is it really just going to end like that, though? After all..."

'I love him.'

You gulped. Do you, really? Really?

Surely you did? If someone such as him, him who made you feel so many different things at once without even trying, him who was able to send you on a roller coaster without fail, was not someone you had come to accept and love so deeply and unconditionally (heck, you didn't even realise you were in love with him!), who would he be?

Well, you didn't have an answer for that. Because everything he was to you was definitely the opposite of that.

If this was the last time you would ever see his face again...

Those pretty, luminescent silver moonlit eyes...

Before you knew it, you were running. As fast as your legs could carry you, across the road, up ahead.

Where a certain silver-haired boy was walking. Strolling. Rather aloof.

If there was never going to be a 'next time',

No more 'see you tomorrow's,

No more 'thank you's,

No more 'i'm sorry's,

now was the time, wasn't it?

At that moment, you had finally gotten ahead of him. You spun around, grabbing him by the cheek, and placed your lips tenderly on his own.

'Fuck, you really went and did it this time, didn't you?'

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

i'm definitely in trouble.

words: 464
published: 04/07/2021