thirty-four - him

...

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"Don't look up."

Now he knew.

Being left behind hurt, yes - but being the someone that was leaving another you held dear behind hurt, as well.

How was he supposed to do all that?

Above all, why did he choose to pat your head? Was he alright?

Sighing at himself internally, he struggled to cope with the current situation. The poor boy was already blushing crazily - his complexion redder than it has ever been. All because he did something he wasn't planning to do.

Something not on the script.

And it got worse. You had looked up, flat out ignoring what he had just said. This was definitely not what he'd imagined!

How was he supposed to react now? Several thoughts filled up his panicked mind, his eyes widening.

But then, he figured out what he would say. It occurred as quick as he could snap his fingers - he desperately grasped it before it could leave as fast as it came.

"Thank you."

This was definitely not what he planned to say.

"I..." His mouth hung open.

'I love you.'

What did he tell himself before? Right, he could never tell her. Wouldn't it be a burden? An extra problem to handle? Something unwanted?

You probably didn't even feel the same way, anyway.

He sighed. Now is not the time.

"I have to get going." As you said your goodbye, he gave you a wave as he started walking away.

"Farewell."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

sayonara.

words: 251
published: 01/07/2021