A massive four poster bed sat against the middle of the far wall, complete with a royal blue canopy atop the four intricately carved posts. At the base of each post was a very detailed carving of a wolf. Each seemed to be a different individual, but all had a stately manner about them and a regal look in their eyes.

Jaci was not trying to focus on the ornate details of the room, but instead, focus on the man laying on the left side of the bed. She walked over and gingerly lowered herself down into a seated position beside him.

He was awake, and his eyes never left her as she approached him and sat down. His hand reached out and grasped hers, holding it tenderly but tightly, as if his life depended on her. And it very well did.

"How are you feeling?" Jaci said softly.

Bright, dark brown eyes looked back into her own and a smile greeted her in reply. "I'm doing better, actually. I can feel my body mending itself as we speak."

Jaci's nose crinkled. "That sounds terrible."

Jungkook laughed, but winced as his chest shook too much. "Don't make me laugh," he whined.

Jaci giggled and held his hand tighter in her own. "I've been worried about you."

Jungkook's demeanor sobered and he looked at her thoughtfully. "You never need to worry, even though it's nice to be worried over. I'm strong. A little poison and a gaping wound can't keep me down."

Jaci smiled gently and looked down at their clasped hands nestled together in her lap. "I sure hope not. In my head it seems crazy to think this, but I honestly don't know how I would live on without you now. Please be careful with your life. I... I need you," she finished, her words trailing off into a faint whisper.

Jungkook grunted as he struggled to sit up, but he managed without too much pain. He leaned forward, resting his forehead against Jaci's temple. He closed his eyes and breathed in her scent which had changed into something quite pleasant to his senses. A mix of vanilla and ginger. It gave him comfort and livened up his senses.

"You smell delicious," he whispered with a smile.

"I do?" she questioned. "I can't smell anything but you right now."

"And what do you smell?" he said, pulling back to observe her side profile. He grinned as her cheeks took in a rosy hue. It was adorable.

"Pine... Rain..."

"Are you saying I smell like a wet dog?" teased Jungkook.

Jaci shook her head and giggled. It was like music to Jungkook's ears.

"No, more like a forest that's just had a warm spring rain. It's fresh, crisp even. It's just...really nice."

"Hm, I smell really nice. Can't say I've ever been told that before."

Jaci looked over at him from under her eyelashes. "I happen to think it's very nice."

"Well, I'm glad you think so. Do you wanna know what you smell like to me?"

Jaci looked back down at her lap and slid the tip of her tongue out to moisten her lips. "Is it... bad?"

"Of course not. I already told you that you smell delicious," he said with a laugh.

"Delicious? That's usually reserved for food."

"Mmhm. You smell like vanilla and ginger to me. It's the right combination of warmth and life. I wish I could bottle it up and keep it on me at all times."

His eyes took in a serious look and Jaci found herself pinned to her seat by them.

"So, you're saying you want to eat me?" she asked, her eyes wide and innocent.