Loki finds the alpha and goes for an attack, clawing, biting, and barking. Loki yelps as he gets thrown against a tree, slowly he gets back up and goes back again. Sam has his paw on Loki, sort of crushing him, digging his claws into the wolf's black fur. Said wolf whimpers as Jacob comes out and shows the pack that he imprinted on the baby. Edward explains what's happening and how it's over because it's against wolf law to harm another imprint. Sam growls and digs his nails into Loki before he drags it, turning to leave with the pack following behind him. Hearing Loki's whimpers and cries catches Jasper's attention. Running over to Loki, he picks him up and rushes inside.

   Carlisle and Jasper work together to stitch up the claw marks along his ribs and stomach. A little over an hour later, they laid Loki back on the dog bed when Renesmée reached out for Loki. Hesitantly, Rosalie gets up and lay's the infant carefully on the wolf's side, everyone watches intensely, wondering what would happen next. The infant places her hand on Loki and shows the wolf images of her in the womb, feeling his warmth and hearing his muffled thoughts and growls. Such a good little pup, I'll always keep you safe for as long as I live, I swear it. The others can only hear the baby coo, holding his bowed head like she's hugging his snout. She finally lets go, and everyone tenses, not sure how he would react. Loki rests her back on him and licks Renesmée gently but affectionately, causing the vampires to relax. Rosalie and Alice clean up Bella and redress her in a short royal blue dress.

🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

After she finishes, Rosalie goes to pick up Renesmée, only to stop when Loki lets out a protective warning growl with his eyes closed. The others are shocked as he still protects the baby, even in pain, let alone while he is trying to rest. Edward steps forward, thinking since he is Renesmée's father, Loki will let him pick her up. Loki curls around the sleeping child more as his growls get lower and more viscous. Everyone isn't heeding his warning, and his brown glowing eyes are staring at Edward and the rest now. The young vampling shifts to get comfortable again and yawns but doesn't wake up. As each one tries, they realize Jasper and Alice are both out hunting. Sitting down on the floor as close as Loki will let them. The reserved couple walks in and looks at their family, sitting in a semi-circle, trying to take the baby from the wolf. With a chuckle, Jasper goes right up and picks up his niece without any trouble, or hesitation, the others sit there with jaws hanging open. Edwards's eye twitched in annoyance at the wolf, and Jasper said the wolf, panting happily while laughing in his head. 

🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

The sun rises, shining into Loki's closed eyes. Huffing, the wolf tries to get up before Jasper makes him lay back down. Esme places a bowl beside Loki's head, sitting up he starts to eat. Throughout the day, he watches the tiny human being pass around. He wants to play but knows he can't, so he huffs again. Feeling bad for the wolf, Rosalie moves the wolf's bed in front of the T.V. and props Renesmée to sit up against him as she watches her uncles play Mario Cart.

   Feeling the wolf's soft fur, Renesmée listens to the wolf's thoughts and starts talking to him by touch. Edward stops what he's doing, listening to them communicate, "They're talking to each other." The new father whispers as the other vampires turn to their pair and start watching in fascination. "I can only hear what she is thinking to him though, I can hear what he is thinking through her mind, other than that I get Loki's thoughts in waves, it's mostly just static." Jacob comes back inside from doing his turn of patrolling the border, going up to the wolf, and reaching for his imprint. His hand almost gets bit off when he comes to close, jumping back he stares at the wolf in shock. Loki takes the little one's clothes between his teeth, pulling her away from the shifter, and gets comfortable again, glaring at the shifter alpha before laying the shirt he brings everywhere on her so she doesn't get cold. "I think I like that wolf now," the smirk was very apparent in his voice. 

   For hours, everyone tries to calm the wolf down and reassure him that no one is going to hurt her. Renesmée tells him I'm okay and cuddles into him more, causing the injured wolf to calm down and stop growling instantly. Sorry, little one, I didn't mean to wake you. Loki whimpers softly, resting his head down. Jasper comes down feeling how stressed the wolf is and calms him down, making his wolf fall asleep. "Why must y'all stress out my wolf?" Jasper sighs, petting the said wolf's head. The others laugh at Jacob and explain how protective Loki has become over the infant.

🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

The next day, Bella wakes up, and Edward takes her to eat. Loki is mostly healed up now, so he is in the living room, gently playing with Renesmée. Jake gets up and outside to help the newborn Bella with Renesmée's faint scent on him. While joking back and forth to ease the awkwardness, they hear a baby scream. Her mama bear kicks in, and Bella runs inside. Renesmée screams again, then laughs hard, following after. She claps her tiny hands while Loki is zooming around her, panting and stopping in front of her, then repeats his actions when she laughs again.

   While Bella was holding her baby, Loki went up to Jasper, nudging him towards the door to go outside and play. Jasper tells him to go play with the other wolves, causing Loki to huff and feel slightly sad and to leave. Running up to Leah, he tries and fails to get her to play with him. Walking to Seth with his tail tucked between his legs, Loki doubts he'll play with him, too. Going up to him dejectedly, Loki presses his head against the teen and lightly tugs on him to play. Seth shifts into his wolf and the two start play fighting, Loki forgets about being sad as they play and rough house.

   Upon hearing Bella yell, they look at what is happening. Jake tells them everything is fine before trying to explain more. Bella pushes the shifter's alpha, and Loki growls; if she hurts the pup's mate, it will hurt the pup... Bella gets angry and goes to attack Jacob again. Seth charges to stop her, but Bella throws him into a tree and then sort of apologizes. Loki growls not liking the one he was just starting to accept into his pack being hurt, stepping between Seth and Bella his tail goes stiff as he trains his eyes on the new born, his back arches. He didn't like Bella from the beginning, she kept tearing his packs apart, now she was hurting them. Loki stays low and growls, baring his teeth, getting ready to pounce and kill. He eyes Bella as if she were his prey. Sensing the young wolf's shift, Jasper jumps into action before anyone gets hurt again.

🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

Coming back from hunting with Jasper and the others. Loki looks like a pup next to the coven. Which makes all of the vampires laugh a little. With a soft chuckle, Rosalie takes the baby from Bella as the mother asks her where Renesmée sleeps. "In my arms, or Edward's or Esme's, but usually she sleeps with Loki. They have gotten super close. He guards and protects her. Even when he was too injured to do so." The wolf goes right up to Rose and sniffs Renesmée to make sure she's okay before lying down on the ground in front of the rocking chair Rose sits in all the time.