"Do you think it's the right choice?" he asks after a moment.

I give him a small grin. "Babe, I think whatever you want to do is the right choice."

"No," he shakes his head. "I need to know you're honest opinion on this."

I sigh. "I think you have valid points either way. You went through hell when you guys broke up, from my understanding at least. But, you have so many good memories from that time too. So, I could see you going either way."

He gives me a look.

"That being said," I continue. "no matter which way you go there are risks. It just depends on which risks you'd rather have."

"What do you mean?" he asks. "What's the risk if I say no?"

I let out a breath, "Well, for one, your relationship with Nick has been strained ever since the breakup. The thought I had had was that it might help to mend your relationship a bit. If he made up for it."

"I didn't think of it like that." He says, furrowing his brows.

I grin. "I mean, did you ever think maybe that's why he's asking in the first place?"

His confusion deepens.

"Think about it," I tell him, sensing his confusion. "You and Kevin are close now. It was obvious the other night at dinner. It's been obvious in a few different ways only since I've known you. Neither of you are close with Nick anymore. Maybe it's not so much he wants the band back as much as he wants his brothers."

He gazes at me. "I still don't wanna do the band," he says after a moment, shaking his head.
"Then you need to tell him," I say, nodding once for effect.

He grins, nodding back at me. "Then I'm gonna get up and go to his place now and tell him. No need to allow him to hold on to the hope I'll say yes when I know my answer is no."

"Okay, then I'll go home. Do you want to come for dinner?"

He nods. "I'll be there after."

"Okay," I tell him, and we both walk outside together, Porky following behind me and jumping into my car. I give Joe a kiss and wish him luck before we both climb into our cars and head in opposite directions.

*Joe's POV*

Arriving to Nick's not long after making my decision, I park and head inside, calling out for him to receive an answer from the living room.

I make my way into the room, letting out a breath before I do so.

"Hey man, what's up?" Nick asks, reaching out to do our handshake before I sit down.

"I uh, wanted to stop by cause I decided on my answer," I tell him.

"Oh," he says, leaning forward some, his hands clasped together in front of him. "Alright, what'd you decide?"

I gulp, licking my lips. "Look, man, I went back and forth like crazy over the past few days but there's no way in hell I'd be able to do it again."

Nick nods slowly, obviously disappointed.

"I went through hell for a bit afterwards and we're just now getting back on decent terms. It's not worth risking our relationship. The "what if" of it all is just too much. We have no idea how this would go. I can't say yes to that."

He nods again, sighing. "Alright. I gotta respect that. I knew it was a long shot, but it was worth the ask."

I nod. "I'm sorry I didn't give the answer you wanted."