Chapter 25

Steering her walk back towards the backdoor she had step through just a few minutes earlier, Nicole can feel anger and worry swirl around in her. She had gotten a notice that Phil and Melinda were at the old entry to the Library, so she had left to check out what they were doing there. She had not expected to learn that Skye had gone missing, or rather, been taken. Pushing the door that is now acting as doors to the Library, Nicole realises she had been a bit to hard when it slams to the door and Cassandra jumps in the seat Nicole had left her in.

“Nicole!”

Cassandra calls out, and from the corner of her eyes, she can see how Jake and Ezekiel enters the room. Ignoring them all, she turns towards the globe and starts looking for the door she needs next.

“What is going on here?”

Jake asks as Nicole finds the door she needs, activating it.

“Not sure, she left quickly, saying she needed to look something, just returned looking, well like that.”

She hears Cassandra explain and she turns around to look at the Librarians, her eyes slightly narrowed.

“Cassandra, get a jacket, we have work to do.”

She tells the red-haired Librarian, seeing how she rise slowly form the chair, she heads for the hat hanger to grab her jacket.

“Alright, work!”

Ezekiel calls out happily as he moves towards Cassandra, only to stop when Nicole rounds on him and Jake, eyes narrowed.

“Hold it, have you two finished what I asked of you?”

She asks and seeing how they look at one another, Nicole rolls her eyes. Of course, they had found something else to do and she shakes her head. She should have known that the two of them would need someone watching over them as they worked.

“You two are staying here, not leaving until you two are done!”

She tells them as she can see how Jake and Ezekiel are about to start complaining about this. Lifting her head to see that Flynn and Eve has returned, she lets out a sigh of relief.

“Eve, Flynn!”

She says, making the Librarian and his Guardian look at her, Eve lifting one eyebrow since Nicole said her name first. Nicole can also see how Jake and Ezekiel looks at one another yet again.

“Cassandra and I have to head out, a few things that need to be looked up. Could the two of you keep an eye on the two of them. I put them on sorting the weaponry and from the look, they haven’t done that.”

Nicole asks and Eve nods her head, Jake and Ezekiel turns and heads out of the room once more.

“It still amazes me that you somehow managed to keep them in line.”

Nicole comments, Eve rolls her eyes as Flynn smiles.

“Keep them in line? They are like two children from time to time. Remember when we saw the submarine?”

Cassandra points out as she places herself beside Nicole. Hearing this, Nicole is tempted to ask what had happened when they saw the submarine but knowing that there is something more important that needs to be dealt with, she placed that question away from later.

“Well, good luck.”

She tells Eve and Flynn, before turning towards the backdoor.

“Come on Cassandra.”

She tells the red-haired right before she steps through the open door, stepping into the dinner that she had told Phil and Melinda they should meet. Looking around herself as Cassandra steps up beside her, her eyes lands on the team Skye has been working with.