Chapter 17

As Skye and Nicole enter the main room of the annex, Skye's eyes lands on the 616 team who is looking around themselves, eyes large at what they are seeing. Jake and Ezekiel is happily telling about a few of the things that isn’t to much information and Cassandra is pulling over a chair so Skye can at least sit down.

As she does, Eve, Flynn and Jenkins enter, the later being the most angry. From the look of it, Eve seems to be mostly worried.

“Skye...”

Jenkins starts to say and she holds up her hand to silent him, which works. But she can also see how he looks towards Flynn in a try to get him to talk her right. Which is already a lost battle.

“I know the rules Jenkins, I’ve lived by them since the day Nicole and that man brought me here, saving my life. But this is a special case.”

She tells him in a tired voice and she place the Crown of King Arthur on the table. Looking at the crown, it finally hits her what she is looking at and she turns her attention to Flynn who smiles big.

“No way, you actually. When? And where was it?”

She asks and Flynn is about to answer her questions happily when Eve places a hand over his mouth to silent him.

“I don’t think now is the best time to talk about this.”

She points out.

“Not the time? Flynn managed to do what no other Librarian has ever managed to do, finding the lost Crown of King Arthur has been a Librarian quest since it was lost.”

Skye points out, feeling how her own nerd side is starting to wake up. But feeling the eyes of the 616 team on her, she realises that Eve is right.

“Alright, we can have this conversation later.”

She says with a heavy sigh, she would rather learn the story about the crown than having this conversation. Steading herself, she turns her attention towards the team.

“You lied to us, again.”

Ward says before Coulson has a chance and Skye rolls her eyes.

“What was it you told me the first time we meet, people keep secrets for a reason, Ward.”

She replies and she can see how Coulson smiles at this.

“Okay, what did you do to earn a comment like that?”

“Oh, he was grumpy that I leaked information about S.H.I.E.L.D and tried to keep a powered individual away from them.”

Nicole asks the question, making it hard for Coulson to talk once more and Skye  shrug her shoulders as she told the story. Feeling how Nicole place a hand on her shoulder, Skye smiles before turning her attention towards Coulson, nodding her head to let him know he can speak.

“I take it the information you gave me when about yourself was all a lie?”

He asks and Skye shakes her head.

“Not all of it. The 0-8-4 case was about me, but a few things was changed in that file. Yes the village died, yes, there was survivors. No, the small baby that had been protected wasn’t the 0-8-4. Nicole Noone and Edward Wilde had already taken me back to the Library.”

She explains, a shadow falls over her, Nicole and Flynn when she mentions the former Librarian. Shaking her head to collect herself once more, Skye can see that Coulson wants to ask more about that name, but she guess he decides not when their eyes meet.

“I found that file when I was going through S.H.I.E.L.D, knowing it could be used in case I would be caught. I just didn’t expect it to happen. My main reason as to why I hacked S.H.I.E.L.D or any other organisation for that point, was to make sure that if they were to stumble across something that should be kept locked up in the Library for the safety of the human race.”

She adds, leaning slightly back and her eyes turns once more to the crown beside her. Feeling how something nudge her shoulder, she smiles, already knowing its Cal.

“Is that really Excalibur?”

This time Simmons speaks up and Skye nods her head.

“The one and only, he has been kept in the Library for years, the crown to fully control the magic Merlin gave Arthur had been place somewhere else, they thought it was for the best.”

“And they were right.”

Skye explains and she can hear Eve add on once she finished. Turning her head towards the Guardian, she gets the feeling there is a long story behind the found of the crown.

“And your wings?”

May speaks up, making Skye turn to look at her in surprise. She had not expected her to actually ask anything.

“Got them the same day as Nicole saved me.”

She answer, deciding it was for the best not to mention that name once more.

“They grow a bit different from one world think. It’s a long and complicated story and I’m to tired to go in on it now. What we should do, is head out. If the BUS is being kept out there for to long well, questions are going to be asked and the Library needs to be kept a secret.”

She says, rising slowly from her chair once more, Nicole still by her side to help her

“We still don’t know what the Library is.”

Ward points out and Skye rolls her eyes.

“From what I can understand, it doesn’t matter.”

Coulson says, his eyes on Skye and she nods her head.

“And Skye is right, we shouldn’t stay any longer than we need. But are you sure you want to come with us out again?”

Coulson adds before asking his question.

“Someone needs to be there to tell you all if it’s something S.H.I.E.L.D can keep or not.”

She points out and Coulson nods his head.

“We’ll give you some privacy.”

He says before he starts to look around himself. Smiling, Skye looks to the side.

“You guys show them out.”

She says, looking at each and everyone that isn’t Nicole. Taking the hint, the group starts to lead the 616 towards the annex front doors. Once she is alone with Nicole, she takes a deep breath.

“What are you planning to do?”

The older woman asks as Skye takes the leather jacket, it has been hanging around her hips the whole time. Pulling it on, she place one hand in her pocket and pulls out an old piece of paper.

“The memory spell? You still haven’t used it?”

Nicole asks in surprise and Skye shakes her head. The memory spell had come along with the jacket from Morgana.

“Its for the best, for the Library and for themselves.”