Chapter 8

Reaching the room, she had entered earlier, Skye can see how the other Librarians, Jenkins and the new Guardian seems to be working on one thing or another. Scanning the room, her eyes lands on Flynn who is going through a stack of books like his life depends on it, then again, he is the Librarian, so his life depends on what he learns.

"No, no, no, no."

She hears him say as he throws the book he was reading on the floor and grabs another, front the corner of the eyes, she can see that Jenkins isn't happy with how he is managing the books. Shaking her head slightly, she crosses her arms and smiles. There was something calming about seeing that somethings never change.

"Oh look, the nerd is trying to figure things out on his own."

Skye points out, smiling big as Flynn turns around at the comment, eyes narrows as he looks at her.

"Oh, so the mini psychopath decides to join us."

Flynn comments, turning Skye's smile into a large grin. She would be lying to herself, Flynn, Jenkins, Judson, Charlene, and Nicole if she had told him she hates and haven't missed that nickname. But being called a mini version of Nicole was something she doesn't say no to. Not after what the old Guardian have done for her throughout the years.

She can however feel how the new Librarian's and Guardian turns their attention towards her, and she can see worry in their eyes over how she will react to the comment. Jenkins on the other hand is shaking head, turning his attention back to his book, already knowing this is a normal behaviour. Turning her attention back towards Flynn once more, she can see how he starts to smile towards her, the fake anger gone, and Skye nods her head.

"It has been to long Skye."

He points out as she enters the room properly and she can see how Flynn's eyes turns towards Cal that is still following her.

"And I can see that Cal haven't left your side once then."

He adds, and Skye can see that Flynn is in fact slightly hurt about this, which makes her laugh.

"I hope you are not surprised over this fact Flynn; it is Cal after all."

She tells him, making Flynn shake his head and she can see how he is mumbling something to himself.

"So, what have the big old book give us today?"

Skye asks, deciding to turn the conversation to something else, turning her step towards the large table and the clipbook.

"We are not sure, yet."

She can hear the Guardian explain, which makes Skye stop in her tracks. Remembering what Nicole had mention when she was down visiting her, Skye really hopes that it's just another one of those weird puzzles the book loves to play.

"What do you mean?"

Skye asks and she slowly starts to move towards the book once more.

"Oh, right! This is Eve Baird, my new Guardian. Then we have Jakob Stone and Ezekiel Jones, and it seems like you have already been introduced to Cassandra."

Flynn speaks up, Skye rolling her eyes. She waves her hand as a greeting, not really caring about what everyone's name is right now. Coming to a stop in front of the clipbook, she sees the white pages and she stumbles.

"What?"

She hears Eve ask and she can feel all eyes on her once more. Looking up, she meets Jenkins eyes, and she can see how the older man lifts one eyebrow. Taking in a shaky deep breath, she tries to force herself to function once more.

"Jenkins, is my old computer still here?"

She asks him, eyes narrowed as she enters her work state. Jenkins nods his head and turns and heads for one of the bookshelves behind him. Seeing how he dig through the books, he managed to find what he is looking for and holds up a laptop. Smiling, Skye walks over to him and takes it.

"Wait! I thought we didn't have this type of things here, that technology clashes with magic."

She hears Ezekiel asks and she smiles as she heads to the large table once more.

"Oh, I can get away with a few things a Librarian can't."

She tells him with a grin, turning her attention towards the laptop screen as it starts up.

"You know what the clip-book is trying to tell us?"

She hears Eve asks and Skye nods her head.

"I might, I'm just hopping I am wrong. That's why I need this one."

She says, nodding her head towards the screen. A silence falls over the room as Skye starts to work, her fingers moving swiftly over the keyboard. Her eyes are locked on the screen as she works her way through the firewalls and other security programs.

"What is she doing?"

She hears Eve ask after a few minutes of working and she can see how they are moving towards her in the corner of her eyes.

"She... she's hacking? And fast at that."

Ezekiel points out, making Skye smile at the share surprise in his voice.

"I thought Judson and Charlene told you to stop doing that."

Flynn points out and Skye rolls her eyes.

"Do you want to know what the clip-book is trying to tell us?"

"Well, yes... but..."

"Then be quiet and let me work. I need to try and figure out where the team I have been working with is going after they meet up with D.O.S.A in Portland. Because I do not think the 0-8-4 is there."

She tells them and a new type of silent falls, making Skye roll her eyes.

"Okay, what are you not telling me this time Carsen?"

Skye asks as she keeps on working.

"Well, Jenkins thought it would be a bad idea if we tell you."

Cassandra answer, this makes Skye narrow her eyes and her fingers hover over the keyboard. Turning her head, she looks at the team behind her and she can see how they look at one another and Skye turn her full attention towards Jenkins.

"Jenkins."

"Well..."

Looking at each and everyone once more, her eyes lands on Eve who is keeping her own eyes on the floor. Realising what they are trying to keep from her, Skye can feel anger rise once more. Realising she doesn't have the time to waste energy on this, she turns back to the laptop once more.

"We'll deal with this later."

She tells them all, finally breaking through the last wall and entering the D.O.S.A system.