Chapter 18

Hearing the movement outside of her bunk, Skye slowly opens her eyes and looks right up at the roof. Not sure for how long she has been sleeping, she sits up slightly. She was warm, but she is sleeping in a long-armed hoodie to hide away her wings. She started to question herself once more if it was such a good idea to make the rest of the team forget the last day, but she also knows, if she hadn't, they would push to put her on the index. The good thing about all of this, she can finally keep more contact with the Library and its people at least. Even if she needs to sneak around with that too.

She had however made sure that when she made them forget what happened with D.O.S.A and everything else, Skye had also made sure that they forget about the Rising Tied problem, at least how she had betrayed them for Miles. Meaning, she didn't have to wear that bracelet anymore, giving her more range than before.

A knocking on the door makes Skye turn her head towards it, she was on her guard, ready to strike. Realising what she is doing, she forces herself to take a deep breath to calm down.

"Are you awake yet?"

Ward asks on the other side and rolls her eyes. By the tone of this voice, she knows that she has missed the morning training. Not that she is complaining about that, he isn't the best teacher after all. Forcing herself up from the bed, she grabs the blanket and pulls it over her shoulder before she unlocks the door and pus it to the side, ending up face to face with Ward. Her so called SO takes a step back when he sees her.

"You don't look so good."

He comments and Skye rolls her eyes.

"Thanks for that compliment, T-1000."

She comments, before she starts to cough, or at least fake it. This made Ward take another step back and Skye covers her mouth with her arm, mostly to hide the smile. Now this will make him stay away until she isn't feeling all to drained out due to the magic. Magic always comes with some type of price and using the spell Morgana gave her all those years ago when she was already feeling weak wasn't the best idea.

"Maybe you should get some more sleep, I'll tell the others."

Ward says before turning around and heading away. Shaking her head, Skye closes the door once more and drops down on her bed. Looking up at the roof once more, Skye starts to wonder how she will pull all of this off. She has taken on quite the task and she know that one miss step on her part and she would be put on the line once more, and she only had that one memory spell. Hearing movement outside of the bunk door and a knock only a few minutes later, Skye rolls her eyes.

"Yes?"

She asks in a low voice, pulling on the act that she is sick. Turning her head to the side, she sees Simmons slide the door open, a cup of what Skye think is tea in her hand. The Biochemist looks at her with worry as she steps into Skye's bunk.

"Ward told us you were not feeling well, so I brought you some tea."

Simmons tells her and Skye gives her a weak smile at this. Moving so she is half sitting up, she accepts the cup and blows into it. Taking a careful sip of the hot drink, she lets out a sigh of relief. Even if she isn't sick, the tea was doing some good.

"Thank you, Simmons, I needed this."

She says, smiling towards the other woman. Seeing Simmons happy smile, she nods her head before heading out of the bunk, closing the door once more. Taking another sip of the tea, Skye tries to figure out what to do the rest of her day, now that the everyone on the BUS knows she is sick, she can't really leave her bunk. Finishing her drink, she places the cup away before pulling out her laptop.

Starting it up, she smiles. It felt kind of weird to be able to use it again when she is on board the BUS, nothing stopping her from doing what she wants. Not that it really should be a difference, when Coulson and Ward picked her up, she only hacked when needed, and those time they had asked her to do so. This time around she needs to hack into S.H.I.E.L.D again, she might have deleted the D.O.S.A mission from their memories, but they had been sent on it from S.H.I.E.L.D. Which means that there is a mission file somewhere in their system.

Getting into the system in less than 5 minutes, Skye shakes her head. She should probably give them an offer in making their security better. Then again, she has hacked into their system so many times by now that she knows her way in by heart. Looking through the files, she soon managed to find what she is looking for, seeing that no report has been filed out, makes her happy. She starts to delete the file; she gets the notice about an incoming email.

Finish up what she is working on, she leaves the system and opens the email. Smiling at what she is reading, Skye feels like things is going to be fine in the end. Hearing another knock on her bunk door, she closes the laptop and place it under her blanket.

"Yes?"

She asks, turning her head towards the door as it opens, showing that Coulson is the one coming to see her this time around.

"Rummers has it you aren't feeling all too well."

He says and Skye rolls her eyes at this, but she nods her head.

"Yeah, I don't really know what is wrong. But I guess some more sleep along side some calm and quiet will help."

She tells him and she can see that his eyes lands on the cup.

"Yeah, Simmons was in here earlier and gave me some tea."

She tells him and Coulson nods his head at this.

"Did you just come to check on me or is there something else?"

She asks him, only for Coulson to shake his head.

"There were a few things I wanted you to look into for me. But you need the rest so we can do that once you feel better. Now, try and get some sleep and I'll come in later with some food."

He tells her and Skye nods her head, keeping a watchful eye on him as he speaks, trying to figure out if he has found out what she has done. But the only thing she can see is worried in his eyes, making her feel bad about what she had done. Handing Coulson, the cup, she moves to lie down once more. As the door closes after him, Skye shakes the bad feeling away. This was for the best, the Library must be protected at all times.