c h a p t e r 1 2

'I love you more than I love myself.'

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.
⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Shit." He hissed under his breath.
"What-"

Hanako pulled her closer and pressed his lips to hers, not even giving her a chance to react.

〜♡〜

Yashiro's eyes widened as her lips were met with the cold ones of the boy standing just above her. Her heart rate immediately quickened at the tender moment that had just been forced upon her. Although, she wasn't necessarily complaining.

Hanako realised what he was doing and pulled away, panicked.

"I- I'm so sorry-"
He let his arms drop from around Yashiro, stepping away.

"I don't know why- I don't know what got into me-"
"Do you like me?"
"What? No!" Hanako spluttered, amazed at Yashiro's bluntness about the whole situation.

"Then why'd you kiss me?"
"I- didn't mean to!"
"Even so, why did you? Do you like me?"
"No! I-"
"Then why did you kiss me?"
"I panicked!"
"You called me beautiful."
"I just-"
"You like me, don't you?"

Yashiro stepped towards Hanako, making him unable to walk back further, his back pressed into the wall behind him.

"I-"

Hanako stared at her, her once red eyes slowly turning back to their normal peachy colour, her tears drying. Hanako was sure his cheeks were bright red.

"I'm sorry, Yashiro."
"Why are you apologising?"

Yashiro's composure was neither overly shocked nor overly normal. She was in a state between shock and curiosity. Hanako, on the other hand, was incredibly embarrassed.

"Because-"
"Because?"

"I- guess- I do- like you." He murmured.

"Is that why you were being so weird?"
"I don't know what you mean."
"You were jealous. I was right."
"Shut up."

The two maintained eye contact for a few more moments. The tension was thick. Hanako seemed almost timid, trying to shy away from the girl in front of him.

"Are you nervous?"
"No."
"You seem nervous."

Hanako dropped his head, his hat covering his golden eyes.

"Can we... at least stay friends?" Hanako mumbled.
"But you like me."
"I can pretend I don't."
"What's the point of pretending? You can't hide your feelings forever, you know, and you just proved that."
"I know," Hanako sighed, covering his face with his hands.
"But I don't want to lose you again." He finished.

Yashiro thought for a moment. Hanako was one of her closest friends. He was quite literally bound to her. He always made her smile, made her feel safe and warm, hell, even flustered sometimes. She remembered how she had felt the cold feeling of his lips against her only minutes prior, and how her heart had beat faster and her stomach did a flip. Something she never felt around Itsuki. How his golden tangerine eyes would glow whenever he laughed, something Yashiro couldn't get enough of.

But Hanako was... a ghost.

"You're a ghost."
"You think I don't know that?!"

Hanako slumped back against the wall, pushing his face further into his hands.

"I wish I wasn't! But there's nothing I can do to help that!"
"I know." She said, emotion lacking in her voice.

"For gods sake, Yashiro! Stop being so- so- stop taking so long! Just reject me so I can move on!" He snapped, a lump forming in his throat.

"I'm so sorry." Yashiro whispered, tears already forming in her eyes as the reality of the situation sunk in.

Hanako kept his head in his hands as he heard Yashiro's footsteps leave the room, the sound of the door closing echoing in the small bathroom. Hanako slid down the wall and sat, his knees to his face, and sobbed.

〜♡〜

(W/C: 600) a short chapter, bittersweet, kinda like a filler for what is to come. Hope you enjoyed. I think.

It's a kinda sad chapter but it will get better... maybe. NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE MUCH LONGER DON'T WORRY! Anyway, goodnight from me! -M <3