c h a p t e r 1 1

'There's nothing I won't do for you.'

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Yashiro felt numb after the night's events. The only thing keeping her from crying was the arms wrapped around her. She stared at the wall, blankly, unable to form any logical thought.

Hanako dropped his head onto her shoulder, keeping his arms around her tight, holding her close to him, sat on the cold floor.

He didn't want to let her go.

The clock ticked innocently on the wall.

"I should probably go home..." Yashiro mumbled.

Hanako didn't move, the room falling into a deeper silence. The clock showed 6pm.

"Hanako..."
"I don't want you to leave."
"I need to."

He only held her tighter, pushing his face further into her shoulder.

"I'm going to kill him." He murmured.
"Don't say that."
"I'm being serious."

Yashiro turned her head to see him nuzzled into her shoulder. She sighed and picked her hand up, taking the hat off his head and letting his brown mop of hair flop further over her shoulder. She placed the hat beside her gingerly.

Hanako was feeling horrible. His best friend was completely heartbroken and there was nothing he could do about it. He held the firm grip on her, ignoring her insistent words about how she needed to return home. His heart ached for her.

"What are you going to do now?" Hanako whispered.
"I- I don't know." She sighed, dropping her head.
"Do you still love him?"
"Uh- I- guess I don't know that, either. Sometimes I wonder if I ever really did."

They fell back into a comfortable silence, Hanako still refusing to let the poor girl go.

"Yashiro."
"Mm?"
"Can I tell you something?"
"Yeah, go ahead."

Hanako took a deep breath, preparing himself for the words that were about to come out of his mouth.

"Yashiro. I-"

He stopped.
"Never mind."

Hanako let himself sink into the floor, defeated.

"Hanako, I really have to go home."

〜♡〜

"He did what?" Tsuchigomori stared at Hanako, fire blazing behind his once calm eyes.
"He cheated on her."

Although he wasn't fully surprised, the teacher was certainly furious.

"And why didn't you tell me this sooner?"
"I was trying to comfort her."

Tsuchigomori sat down on a chair and held the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger. Yashiro had long since gone, and Hanako had gone to his favourite adult for advice.