c h a p t e r 1 9

'Maybe we aren't what I thought we were.'

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Hanako stood, staring at his reflection in the mirror. Yashiro had left only 10 minutes ago, and Hanako was embarrassed to admit he already missed her presence beside him. He dropped his head and smiled to himself, trying to hide his flustered expression.

He covered his cheeks and let out a small, breathy laugh. Yashiro was something he couldn't describe.

His love for her was unlike anything else. When she was around, she always made him feel right. Every kiss they shared felt just like the first, the spark never diminished and their love never wilted. Even now, Hanako still felt those butterflies swarming in their millions in his stomach and still felt that pang of jealousy when other guys tried to hit on her. Not that they did very often.

He shook his head gently, trying to get rid of the cheesy thoughts rocketing through his mind. But, as he pushed them out, new ones flooded in. Specifically, thoughts about them being an item. He thought about what Tsukasa had said. He could give Hanako a wish, any wish he desired. Whether that be spending eternity with Yashiro, or making sure no other guys ever laid a finger on her.

Of course, spending eternity with Yashiro would be a dream come true, almost too good to believe. It would be like a story book, perfectly laid out to benefit the main characters. Hanako could only dream. He supposed Tsukasa could make that dream come true. But at what cost?

Or, he could make sure people stayed away from his girlfriend. Not that he was possessive, but he definitely felt jealousy rush through his veins whenever Kou or some random guys would be overly kind to her.

Hanako denied the jealousy. It wasn't much use. You can't deny the truth when it's so blatant.

He rubbed his eyes and sighed before looking back up into the mirror.

"AH!"

Hanako screamed, turning around in a flash, adrenaline soaring through his veins. There, stood none other than Tsukasa, arms crossed, leaning on the doorframe to the stall behind Hanako. He looked just as smug as ever.

"What the hell?" Hanako's shock-stricken face made Tsukasa giggle.
"Amane!"
"Why do you always do that?!" Hanako held his chest, breathing heavily.

Tsukasa charged at Hanako, holding his arms out ready for a tender embrace with his favourite twin brother.

Hanako swiftly dodged to the side, leaving Tsukasa to bump right into the sink, letting out a sharp exhale as the wind was knocked from his stomach.

"Owww! Why did you do that!?" Tsukasa moaned.
"Why are you here?" Hanako glared at him, no sympathy for the younger twin who has just been thrashed against a sink. Hanako dropped his hand from his heart to his side as he began to calm down.

"I just- wanted to- see you." Tsukasa grunted, holding his sore stomach.
"Don't lie. Why are you here?"
"I just wanted to see you! Not my fault I caught you fingerling over your girlfriend!" Tsukasa sighed, overcoming the pain.
"I- I wasn't!" Hanako's face flushed.
"Sure thing." Tsukasa giggled.

Hanako really did hate his brother's childish remarks sometimes.

"Besides, I was wondering if you wanted to make a wish!"
"So that's why you're here."
"Perhaps."
"I don't want your stupid wishes. I don't want to have to say it again."