Chapter 1 - Date of birth

YVONNE POV

I can't remember anything, all I see around me is blackness, I can't open my eyes. I hear some unknown voices and my chemistry teacher shouting at them to do something. I manage to open my eyes for a split second, I am met by bright lights,and lock eyes with mesmerising emerald eyes that give me a sense of nostalgia, melancholy but also surprisingly a bit of familiarity. As I start to become aware of my surroundings, I realise that I am moving, but on a gurney. Oh no gurney means hospital!

"P-please no hospital, i-i am fine, I have to go home" I manage to whisper out as I try to get up from the moving gurney just to be pushed down by the owner of the emerald eyes. "I will need you to listen to me miss! Focus on my voice and try to relax because the state you are in is very serious. For now you will have to remain calm and wait till I check everything is alright with you! So my apologies but you have to wait!" he said in a serious tone.

I couldn't find the power to argue with him on this and felt my body drifting into the tranquility and peace of the darkness that started to surround me.

Suddenly, I hear a constant beeping sound. Ughh it's so annoying. I try to open my eyes but it is extremely hard to do so , I feel a tear leaving my eye as I try hard to open them, but failing tremendously. I hear loud footsteps approaching to me, however as the steps are getting closer and louder I slowly fade back into the darkness as it engulfs me .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAFAEL POV

As I was on my shift today, we had a whole classroom coming into the hospital. Apparently some students thought it would be fun to blow up the whole f*cking chemistry lab during an experiment, as if my shift today wasn't hard enough . I rush over to the ER and go to the first gurney that comes out. On it I find a young girl with long brown-ish curly hair fighting to keep her eyes open. She looks around about Von's age but of course she does most of these kids are her age.But there's something about her small face along her bright eyes giving me the impression I've seen her before! Gabe!She reminds me of my little brother.However before I could even finish my thoughts she suddenly lets out a whisper!"P-please no hospital, i-i am fine, I have to go home" her voice held a hint of fear and worry. We rush her over to the OR as her eyes start closing and she is completely unconscious.

It has been 2 hours since this girl has been on that hospital bed and I just keep thinking of the resemblance she has to Gabe, what if it really is Von. I mean, it could be my imagination, after all I do live on caffeine, but what if we found her after 12 years when everyone slowly started giving up on the hope she can even be alive?

I walk into her room to check if she had shown any improvements in the last 2 hours but as I arrive near her bed where she was sat...her eyes start to flutter and after many lost tries she finally manage to open them!I will lie if I said I wasn't more at peace with myself knowing she's awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YVONNE POV

I manage to open my eyes, god for how long have I been out for? The doctor, well more like intern,he looks too young to be a doctor from before is now in my room. "Oh hey you are awake, cool I just need to go over some things with you since your teacher was unable to answer when we asked her, as some students are in critical condition, so they take priority and no one else has come" he says in the same serious and monotonous voice from before. However, a wave of comfort and calmness washed over me as he spoke making me feel safe even if it's for a few hours.

"So what's your name, date of birth and blood type?" he asked with his eyes filled with curiosity.

"Um, my name is Yvonne Davis born on the 2nd of December 2005 and I think I'm 0- " I answered him with the things my birth certificate said.

As I was answering him, I think his eyes had become slightly glossy and he looked as if he was shocked at the information I gave him.

He composed himself after he saw me staring, and just rushed out the room leaving me there alone and confused. Suddenly, I realise they must have seen, he must have seen my body, the scars. Oh no he might tell someone.
A loud thud is heard pulling me out of my thoughts, I look at the door and see a nurse that looks caught off by the thud as well. "Oh my god, I am so so sorry" she tells me in such an apologetic way.

I chuckled and that seem to have caught her off guard as she let's out a giggle as well before her face becomes serious and she comes to my side.

"Hey, my name is Josie, well Josephine call me whatever you like. I wanted to speak with you about something" she says to me and looks at me as if scared she'll hurt me. "Um , yeah sure what is it? I'm Yvonne by the way" I answer back my expression blank and my voice more serious now. "So, we had to rush you into the OR as you had quite a blood loss from shrapnel from the explosion as you were close to it according to your teacher but I wanted to ask if you are actually okay. I don't mean to pry but I saw some deeps cuts and scars while prepping you for the surgery. Which by the way went really good and you are now shrapnel free, it thankfully didn't damage any organs or vital points in the body." She started to ramble on making me laugh again, I really don't know what has come over me why am I laughing oh god my brain must have some damage.

I finally snap out of it. "Oh yeah I'm fine, I just use to fight in underground fights a while back, don't worry that's normal. Well kinda, and I'm pretty sure illegal-OH SHOOT!No....you were not supposed to- god damn it, so please can it be our secret" she smiles back at me "Doctor patient confidentiality, even though I am not even a doctor. Oh and you will have to stay here for a while is that okay, can you give me your carers info so I can inform them so they don't worry" as the words leave her mouth my eyes widen and fear creeps over me. Dead. What I will be soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys this was my first chapter. Sorry for any repetition first time writing in first person POV.
Thank you so much for reading,it means a lot and I hope you continue reading the story!