Chapter 2 - Safe

YVONNE POV

My carer. If you can call him that. What if he comes? He will definitely kill me if he knows someone saw. No, they won't let him i'm in a hospital I am safe. But what about when I leave? Oh god, my heart feels like it's gonna leave my chest is tightening, I-i-i ca-can't breathe. My eyes are starting to close and I can feel tears rolling of my burning cheeks giving me a sense of relief by cooling them slightly. My head starts to get flashbacks of the metal wolverine like claws he made especially for me, and my eyes are now feeling extremely hot, heavy and slowly get enveloped by the darkness which takes me to a room full of shattered mirrors and blood. A scream left my lips and loud beeping as well as a familiar and calming voice whispering random things to me echoed in my ears. Taking me out of the horrific fantasy world which consumed me minutes ago and immediately holding on to his embrace as tightly as possible calming down by his touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAFAEL POV

Stormed out. I f*cking stormed out. Who does that? In my profession you can't do that no matter what you hear, however I think my suspicions were true. She literally said her name is Yvonne, and her birthday is on the 2nd of December that can't be a coincidence. What if that is really my lil sis, better confirm this before getting my hopes up. Making my way to the lab where her blood was taken for analysis to be sure no chemicals were in her blood , Jo is in Yvonne's room looking powerless as Yvonne seems to be having a panic attack.
Forgetting what I was doing I rush to her room and pull her in my embrace whispering anything I could think off like butterflies, rainbows etc. This was so random not only the attack but really butterflies and rainbows? Thankfully she seemed to calm down instantly under my touch, that made me feel so good because if she really is my Von I hope she'll always feel safe with me.

As Von seems to calm down and fall asleep, Jo is sitting on the floor next to the door of her room looking mad and angry at herself. "Jo what's up?" my question seems to scare her but she immediately answers "It's all my fault, I just wanted to help her I didn't mean to hurt her" joining Jo on the floor , hugging her "Jo there's no way you did that, you were the smartest girl in our year you know what a panic attack would be caused by a possible trigger or a breakdown. She did just suffer an explosion" Jo looks up at my eyes with her lovely honey-brown ones as if I just told her she won a million dollars. "Also how come you got so caring Mr. Idgaf, its the first time I see you like this towards a patient." Jo asks me suspiciously "Don't tell me you like her, I'm pretty sure that's illegal and you'd be considered a pedophile" she says teasingly. Pushing her playfully she looks at me again this time seriously waiting for an explanation, "Jo you've known me since we were 5 doesn't she remind you of someone?" She looks deep in thought and then up at me, her eyes glossy again "Is it Von? Now that you mention it the resemblance to Gabe is uncanny" the silence in the air is all she needs for confirmation. My side feels empty, as she has gotten up and offered her hand to me to get up. "Where are we going?" my question makes her raise an eyebrow and roll her eyes at me. "To get the DNA test you were thinking of doing before you came in the room" my eyes widen at her answer, but I should have guessed she always knew what thoughts came across my mind like I did for her. We arrive at the microbiology lab and prepare the necessary tests for her blood to also undergo a DNA test how much our DNAs match (well i think this is how it works) . The difficult part now is waiting for the results to come out.

While we were walking out the lab and towards Von's room I remember that no one has notified her guardians like how dumb could people be like okay the school maybe but what we should have informed. Jo gets paged so we get separated and find the info about her guardians to inform about her situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YVONNE POV

As me and a girl I met named Otilia, that was supposed to stay at the hospital for a few months as she had a real bad health problem that she kept avoiding to answer in terms of what it was so we just didn't touch the subject since it seemed like a sore one. We were talking about music, life, books, series and she seemed to be weirded out by my music taste since and I quote "How can you mix heavy metal, sad depressing slowed songs, rock, punk , Russian, Greek, Albanian songs and even K-pop together. Thats not normal you should have like a playlist for each not everything in the same playlist" (This may or not be me in real life) But in my defense if the music is good and I vibe with it nothing else matters music is just a nice therapeutic way to let go and travel away, similar to books as they both take you away from your life and to another world.
As we were getting bored we decided to watch a movie since we had both watched all the kdramas on netflix and there weren't many Turkish series to choose from and tiktok was full of new kdrama spoilers. We ended up watching something named Starling we just put it on cause of Melissa Mccarthy, the lead actress but it was incomprehensible and just made you cry for absolutely no reason. Later on we googled the meaning and it was made to make people cry, like excuse me what dumbest shit ever but I was soon taken out of my thoughts about the annoying movie and chills ran down my spine as my hospital room door opened revealing HIM. Whom I was supposed to call father, as he said he should have been my father. As if a real father doesn't mistreat his daughter .
"Hey sweetie, oh my gosh how could you not have informed me sooner about this I was worried sick" he said, surprisingly sober and dressed nicely. Next to him stood the one person who made me feel safe as my nightmares of HIM finding and killing me sprung to my mind, the owner of those emerald eyes who thinking back still hasn't told me his name.
"Hey Von you okay? Your heartbeat has sprung maybe you should lie down" his voice echoed in my head as I looked into his eyes the only words coming out being "What's y-your name, you look familiar!" At this his eyes opened wide and he shook it off telling me I should rest and informing HIM that he should come back later. "B-but what's your name?" the words came out as sleep was taking me slowly into its embrace the last thing before my eyes closing is his voice saying "Rafael".

2hrs later

"Wake up, bitch you slept long enough get up and say you're fine so we can go and you get your punishment when we arrive" his voice made me wake up immediately not because of the consequences but because no one else should get "my punishment" if he thinks I won't obey him, which he has done before to the only person who stood by me and was my confidant, Katia the one who taught me Greek and Albanian so I don't lose my roots, the role model and only mother figure I ever had.
"You can't do anything to me, especially not here and the only way I am moving is when they let me" my voice sassy as ever, remembering her helps me get confidence and not forget she always fought him. "Hah, funny however that won't be a problem you can get hurt here too so many possibilities" he laughed making me cringe until the door springs open and a voice booms "What a nice family reunion! Now step away before I make you" that voice so familiar but it can't be there's no way.

"Cyra?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyyyy guys thanks a lot for reading my story hope you like it so far. See you next chapter!