Chapter 29 - Don't Come

Start from the beginning

Only he could do this to her. Only he had that power over her.

"Katsuki," she whispered, she prayed so fully, so devotedly, she was sure he'd listen with just the sound of his name.

And then he smiled, so bright, so whole that she thought she'd evaporate then and there.

And then his voice, a low baritone, so soft and luscious and so silky smooth poured out, past his lips, and into her ears.

"Hina." he said with so much love and so much affection, she was floating on a cloud of pure joy.

And then his lips claimed hers as his.

Hina woke up slowly. Despite the dream snapping her awake, she was still too sleepy, too groggy to sit up in shock.

She was expecting a dream of this sort after her heat as she had read it in an article; that she would most probably have a very suggestive dream with the alpha's scent she was most exposed to.

She was expecting it, and she had prepared herself. And yet she was nowhere near prepared enough. Especially not when the very same alpha in her dreams was sleeping beside her in blissful ignorance.

This was the first time she woke up before him since they've been sleeping on the same bed together. Considering that fact, she knew it was way too early in the morning. Especially noticing the sky was still a blanket of dark navy with stars for sequins.

And she would've gotten out of bed and ventured downstairs to keep herself busy seeing she wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep--especially when all she'd see behind her eyelids would be the ash blond alpha above her with a smile she'd never seen him wear outside of the dream. She would've. But, like in the dream, he was caging her in with a leg over her legs and his arm over her torso.

He was warm instead of hot, but still a wall of muscle just like in the dream. And yet, it was innocent and protective that it still made her thoughts fuzzy from it.

It was so embarrassing from how comfortable she'd gotten with the alpha in such a short span of time. And yet it was equally as wondrous. She had a gut instinct, a hunch, that told her why they felt so attracted, so drawn to each other. But, she couldn't be sure, she couldn't- wouldn't assume.

And seeing as those thoughts of what could be, would only make her spiral, she resorted to observing him as a way to pass time.

Yes, to pass time. Not because she was falling for him. Not because she wanted to commit his peaceful features to memory. That was not the case. Not at all.

She sighed, turning herself on her side, and facing him. Her eyes trailed his expression, on his relaxed brows, his barely parted mouth rumbling out soft gentle snores she'd never expected from him. He was so innocent looking when asleep. So vulnerable, so amiable. It looked nearly impossible for the very same man who sported a scowl on his lips on the daily, who grumbled in anger more often than most to show such tender emotions.

A shift closer to him, and she relished in the comfort he provided. And then he pulled her even closer. A sigh of contentment puffed out of him with a so small, so tender curve of his lips and he inhaled her scent even more.

She almost broke into a fit of giggles of how satisfied and how needy he seemed. Almost. Instead, she graced an amused smile, adoring his rare relaxed expression.

-----

The first thing Bakugo noticed—without opening his eyes—when he woke up was the loss of heat by his side. The second was the enticing scent of chocolate pancakes.