First Of Many (Ten)

Start from the beginning

"Great. Me too." she smiled, kissing my cheek. "I'm going to go shower now". She ran up the stairs before I could say anything else.

I love Y/n to death but I couldn't be bothered with her secrets right now. Tomorrow was a big day preparing for our comeback and I couldn't afford to not be focused on it.

*The Next Night*

"Ten this footwork is too complicated" Xiaojun said trying to redo it in a slower count.

"It's not hard you just aren't trying to get it" I snapped at him.

"You've been blacking on us all day" WinWin said in a calm tone.

"Because none of you have been listening, all day. You're all playing around and goofing off like normal. This is not the time for your childish games."

"What's your problem?" Hendery asked.

"Yeah. Clearly someone took a shit in your coffee?" YangYang laughed.

"Fuck off" I yelled at him.

Kun stood up "That's enough. We're all going to take a break. Your attitude better be gone by the time we get back" he said leading the members out of the studio, leaving me alone.

Nothing is going right. I tried to throw myself into this practice to get my mind off of Y/n but it wasn't working. I kept messing up over and over. Normally during long sessions like these she'd drop by, give us a pep talk and even join in. Today, there was none of that and it really hurt me. I kept hoping she'd make time in her busy schedule but she couldn't even do that. To make it worse I just wanted to go home and sulk. As much as I love dancing I didn't even want to do it right now.

What is that? I couldn't even hear my thoughts. I popped my head out of the studio door and looked. A song was blasting in a studio a few doors down. I put the "back in 30 minutes" sign on the door before seeing what it was.

I got to the door and knocked. No answer. Of course they can't even hear the door with the music blasting like this. I opened the door and walked in.

"EXCUSE ME!? CAN YOU PLEASE T- Y/N?"

"TEN?" she was shocked to see me. She went to the stereo and turned down the music.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Hmm...it's not like I work here or anything" I said. "What are you doing here? Dancing?" I asked.

Y/n exhaled and walked towards me. "Ten...".

"Y/n what is going on? I can't take anymore of the sneaking around."

"Ten I'm practicing....for my debut" she confessed looking around. "It was suppose to be a secret. I was going to surprise you with the promo photos when I got them back next week.".

"You're debuting?".

"Yeah. That's why I dyed my hair and have been coming home so late. I've been practicing my dance, recording the songs and doing photoshoots. I've been training with SM for a while now and have been working hard throughout the day which is why I would reply slow and short." she continued.

I stood there processing everything she was saying.

"Truthfully, I was nervous too. I didn't know what you'd say or how you'd react and that scared me. I mean you know I would do this with or without support but the possibility of not having support, your support, was adding more stress to me.". I cupped her cheeks.

"You know I'll always support you. I'm so proud of you, Y/n. You're one of the most talented people I know and no one deserve this more than you". I kissed her nose and pulled her in for a hug.

Y/n wrapped her arms around me tightly. "I should've told you sooner. It was just a lot to take in and I didn't want to tell you in case I possibly failed.".

"And that would be fine too. Win, lose or draw I'm always going to be here, in your corner to support you forever. I can't wait to see and hear your debut, my love".

"Thank you, Ten. Again I'm really sorry. I promise to make it up to you" she kissed my chin.

"How about when you get your first win you give me your trophy?" I suggested.

"Now you're smoking dick" Y/n laughed.

"Okay then how about in your thank you speech you add "Thank you to my amazing boyfriend who I'm going to throw it back on backstage"?". Y/n let go of me, turned me around and pushed me towards the door.

"Get out. I'll see you at home" she pointed.

"Can I just have a kiss?" I pleaded.

"Sure. When I see you at home. She pushed me out the door and locked it.

"I love you" I yelled.

"I love you too" she replied.

* Month and a half later* Y/n's POV

"Y/N!!!!" the MCs cheered. The confetti shot out of their canons and Yujin handed me my trophy.

I couldn't believe I had just gotten my first win only 5 days after my debut. Tears filled my eyes so quickly that I couldn't even grab my trophy properly. My heart was pounding so fast I felt like I was going to throw it up. So many times I use to pretend that an NCT trophy was mine and would give my speech to my loyal followers (the boys) thanking them for supporting me and now I have my own.

Yujin handed me a microphone and gave me a hug.

"I just want to thank my fans for supporting me and always being with me. I'm happy to be making you all proud and I hope we're together for a long time. To my friends and family who were there for me when I called them crying or stressed out worried about what this path could lead to. Lastly to my amazing boyfriend who supported me even before he knew I was going to debut. He pushed me, motivated me and encouraged me, he even learned my choreography just so that he's be able to help me. I'm so grateful and thankful to everyone who has helped to get to where I am. I promise to continue working hard." the crowd cheered as I finished my speech and did my encore.

Ten's POV

I was so proud of Y/n. I had never seen her so passionate about something . She was finally doing what she was meant to do. She's a natural performer and has such an undeniable charm to her, even if you don't want to like her she just has a power that pulls you in. I looked over at her, we were in the backseat of the car taking us home. She was knocked out with her trophy in her hands, cradling it like a baby. I reached over and gave her a kiss on her forehead before pulling out my phone,  taking a picture of her and uploading it on instagram with the caption "First of many #proud💛💝🏆"

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

a/n: I started writing this in November when I dyed my hair back to red. I swear I have more parts coming soon. I have like 10 drafts at least I'm just stumped on how to end them. Hope y'all are ready though.

Until Next Time xx