Salem: My sweet baby boy. Are you actually alive?

(Y/N): W-What...?

Salem: It's me. Mommy. Remember?

Salem gently picked (Y/N) up.

Salem: Please don't leave me too.

Salem said between sobs.

Jinn: As if to keep family tradition, (Y/N) found a way around death.

(Y/N)'s arms and legs slowly started to grow back.

Jinn: His love for the creatures of the planet and his access to magic made it so he could use the traits that make the creatures unique. Instinctively, he figured out how to survive, and keep living.

Blake: So that's not a semblance, but magic?

The scene changed. I saw Ozma's soul go into a different body.

Jinn: Thus began a long and painful cycle of death and rebirth for Ozma.

A bunch of different people showed up. How many lives did Ozma go through?

Jinn: Some lives were spent in mourning, many were spent attempting to forget it all. But no matter what, his mind would eventually turn back to the task he had been burdened with.

The scene changed. It should a different man serving a meal to a family. It was a wife, two children who have silver eyes.

Jinn: And as the centuries went on, Ozma began to learn the importance of living with the souls with which he had been paired.

Screams could be heard from a distance. Ozma grabbed a staff, leaving the house to fight Grimm.

Jinn: But no matter where or how he lived, her presence was always felt. If Humanity were ever to stand a chance at being united, one thing was clear... Salem had to be destroyed.

Smoke covered the entire area. It went away and showed (Y/N), blood covered his body, and is standing next to Salem.

Jinn: However, (Y/N) being alive for many years, he was sadly used as a tool for Ozma's and Salem's goals.

(Y/N) jumped forward at Ozma. He bit down on Ozma's shoulder. Ozma made a beam of green magic, going right through (Y/N)'s body.

Jinn: Dying over and over again, (Y/N) was forced to fight either for Ozma or Salem for each cycle of his life. Sometimes he was kind and thoughtful. Other times ruthless and loved carnage, thanks to the power he inherited from Salem.

(Y/N)'s skin and hair went white like Salem's and his eyes went red and black. The scene changed and showed (Y/N) dying again and again, either from Ozma or Salem. I felt tears escape my eyes watching him die again and again. I looked away, closing my eyes, and covered my ears, trying to not hear his screams of pain.

Jinn: Even with (Y/N)'s help, Ozma knew he couldn't beat Salem by normal means. So he sought the power of the Relics. Armed with my knowledge, he believed he could fulfill his promise to the God of Light.

The scene changed again. I looked back and saw a man standing in front of Jinn.

Ozma: Where are the other Relics?

Jinn: He asked me his questions.

Ozma: What powers do they possess?

Jinn: And though I gave him my answers...

Ozma: How do I destroy Salem?

Jinn: ...Not all of them were to his liking.

The Jinn I can see bent down to Ozma.

Jinn: You can't.

Salem can't be destroyed? Ozma fell to his knees in despair. I clenched my fists in frustration, anger, and a bunch of different emotions. Blue smoke covered my vision. The smoke faded away, revealing that I'm back in the snowy forest and I can see everyone else. Jinn isn't there anymore and the snow started to fall again.

Yang: Salem can't be killed... You all heard her too, right?

I looked down at Ozpin. Ruby, Weiss, and Yang also looked at him. Tears are streaming down his face.

Yang: There was so much you hadn't told us! How could you think that was okay?!

Ozpin: I-

Blake: No! How could you?!

Everyone looked at me, surprised by my sudden shouting.

Blake: You just used (Y/N) as a tool?! How uncaring do you have to be to do that?! He's your son! And that's why you accepted him into Beacon right away! Because you knew you could use him again! And the fact that you did over several centuries!

I took a step forward and put my hands on his shoulders, getting really close to hitting him. Tears are coming from my eyes uncontrollably.

Blake: And for what?! You used your only child left alive to defeat someone who can't die?! Do you even have a plan to winning against Salem?!

Ozpin: I... Don't have one...

I was about to punch Ozpin in his face, but Qrow did that for me, knocking back Ozpin to crash into a tree.

Qrow: No one wanted me... I was cursed... I gave my life to you because you gave me a place in this world... I thought I was finally doing some good...

Ozpin: But, you are!

Qrow: Meeting you... Was the worst luck of my life...

Ozpin just looked down.

Ozpin: Maybe you all are right...

Oscar's body started to glow, meaning Oscar is back in control of his body. Oscar flinched in pain and held his cheek.

Ruby: What happened?

Oscar: He's... Gone.

(Chapter 38 end)