Chapter 30

(Blake's POV)

I remember what (Y/N) said to me during dad's speech. Of course he hasn't told me his plan yet. I made it to my backyard and saw (Y/N) and dad training. (Y/N) threw a punch, but my dad caught it with one hand.

(Y/N): Just how did you get this strong?

Ghira: When you work for the White Fang, you have to be strong or you'd die.

(Y/N): Really? Then I might join if I get that ripped.

(Y/N) looked over and saw me standing there. Dad also looked at me and let go of (Y/N)'s hand.

Ghira: We will stop here. Get some rest (Y/N). I know I will.

Dad walked inside the house. I walked up to (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hey Blake. You look like you want to talk about something.

Blake: Stop playing dumb. You never told me about your "plan".

(Y/N): Which plan?

I slapped (Y/N) on the face.

(Y/N): I deserved that one.

Blake: The one about destroying the White Fang from the inside!

(Y/N): Right. Right. I think I convinced Ilia to help us.

Blake: You did? How?

(Y/N): I may or may not have threatened her with her life.

Blake: You what?!

I slapped him again.

(Y/N): Ok, that one was unnecessary.

Blake: You can't just threaten people with their lives!

(Y/N): Listen. It was either that or I turned her into a zombie with some spores.

Blake: You shouldn't just manipulate people.

(Y/N): I get it. Don't be bad things. Back to my plan. If we get Ilia to help us, then she can get us inside information.

Blake: That would help, but Ilia might not help us.

(Y/N): I guess we'll just find out soon. Is there something we can do in the meantime?

Blake: We are going out to Menagerie to see if anyone will help us. Think you can do that?

(Y/N): Nope.

I sighed and grabbed him by the arm and started to drag him.

Blake: I don't have time for your games.

(Time Skip)

Me and (Y/N) sat down at a table near the ocean.

(Y/N): Any luck?

Blake: No one decided to help.

(Y/N): Same story here. I can't believe the people here don't want to help when there's an upcoming attack.

Blake: Because not everyone is like you and me. The Faunus here in Menagerie, the ones that weren't born on the island, moved here because they were tired of fighting, of having to struggle constantly. Menagerie is filled with people that just want to be left alone, and here we are, asking them to put the rest of the world before themselves.

(Y/N): When you put like that, I guess it excuses their actions.

Blake: The problem is, whatever happens at Haven is going to affect them whether they like it or not. If Adam gets his way and Haven falls, it's only going to make things worse for the Faunus. Everywhere.