T W E N T Y - T H R E E

The world was cast in sepia when my eyelids tried fluttering open

The world was cast in sepia when my eyelids tried fluttering open. My surroundings were so blurred that it took a solid minute or two to get my bearings. My head was pounding, it felt like I got my head repeatedly slammed into the concrete. 

I finally opened my eyes and allowed them to slightly wander, giving color a few seconds to reintroduce itself to my irises. It was a minute after my visual scope was recast in color that I realized my...predicament. 

Firstly, I was not in my dorm room. 

No, I recognized the room, but it wasn't my own. 

Secondly, my wrists were bound to the bed in silk once again. Not as tight as before, but enough that my movement was restricted. 

If I could, I would run my hand over my face in shame. 

I search the room again with my head, trying to slowly twist my body in different directions without upsetting my aching head too much. She was nowhere to be seen. 

Just as I lay my head back on the fluffy pillow, I hear the telltale sound of a knob turning. I didn't have time to debate whether I had the courage to meet her gaze because suddenly she was standing in the doorway. 

The light seeped from the floor to ceiling windows in her living room, creating a golden ring of light around her silhouette. She wore a sheer, practically see-through slip that reached her ankles, yet softly clung to her curves. I could see her dark areolas and thick, erect nipples poking through the material. Finally, I made it to her face. 

Her face was completely bare of makeup. Her cheekbones were shimmering, her skin was glowing, but it was her eyes that made me quickly look away. They were searing with an emotion I couldn't detect. Yet the power behind them captivated me into submission. I wasn't entirely sure what to do in this situation, but I knew she would make it clear soon enough. 

I waited, listening as her soft, steadily paced footsteps grew closer. She was walking languidly, likely on purpose. She could probably sense my nerve endings prickling, she could probably see my little hairs standing on end, she could probably hear my shallow breathing. 

I feel the bed dip on her side.

"Sit up." 

The restraints have enough slack in them that I manage to slowly (and painfully) shuffle myself up to rest against the head of the bed. It was an awkward feat that involved wriggling like a fish out of water, and it definitely was not easy on my throbbing head. 

Yet I still couldn't bring myself to meet her eyes. 

Soft fingertips land beneath my chin and tilt it up. Suddenly those deep brown eyes framed by long black lashes are the only thing in my vision. 

She unravels the hand beneath my chin to reveal two tablets. She then pulls the other hand from behind her back to reveal a large glass of water.