N I N E T E E N

I follow her aimlessly, my hand grasped into hers as she pulls me to what I can only assume is the precipice of my doom

Surprisingly, I feel nothing but eager anticipation. Residual fear peered at the corners of my mind, but I pushed them behind because, surprisingly, I trusted her,

I trusted Mistress V to be there. To take care of me. Whether she would bring me pain or pleasure, I knew that she would be there every step of the way. And that's what made it all okay. Because I knew that she would keep me safe.

The door to her bedroom opened, and my jaw dropped slightly.

I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. If anything, it was something along the lines of dark and dangerous. Maybe red velvet walls that held numerous torture devices, and chains hanging from the ceiling.

But no, her room was light and open. To the far left were large floor to ceiling windows that brought in a warm hue from the setting sun. On the right was exposed brick, and settling between a nightstand and bookshelf was a large king bed. My eyes traveled the room, but they always returned to the bed that looked so comfortable I contemplated moving in.

Woah.

Chill the fuck out Kai.

"I can tell from your expression that this was not what you were expecting." I hear the smirk in her voice and turn to find her looking at me with a slight smirk on her face. I swear she's reading my mind like some enchanting sorceress.

I scratch the back of my neck to try and ignore the blush fanning my cheeks.

"No, no, no. It's aw-awesome." Fucking hell, I'm still stuttering. I can't help myself. I'm with the most gorgeous woman in existence and I'm in her bedroom.

She takes a step closer to me and tugs at the hem of my shirt. "What were you expecting, sweet Kai?"

I focus on her hands rather than her face. "Whips and chains a-and restraints..."

There's a moment of silence before I hear the soft rumble of her laughter, and my head has never snapped up so quickly. Her smile is wider than I've ever seen, and her face is glowing under the bronze sunlight. Her laugh is like the smooth lilt of a babbling brook, or if diamonds could disguise themselves through laughter, and I'm sure it doesn't make any fucking sense, but fuck if you could see her now...

"I keep my whips and chains in a special room." She says with a wink, and again, I'm floored.

"What?" She questions when I haven't spoken for a while.

God I'm such a fucking dork.

Snap out of it, Kai.

"I...I've just never heard you laugh like that. It's beautiful."

No stutter.

Fuck Yes!

That's a win in my book.