Ye Ci was rendered speechless by his words. What is this you say? This is the general currency of the game! It can be used in every single continent! Why can't I use it here? She could not bring herself to believe what she heard, "Mr. Barik, are you saying that this thing is useless here?"

"Of course, Elf. Is it useful to you?" Barik replied with a shrug.

His words were met with silence from Ye Ci. Fine! This is a primitive village. Of course the currency from the outside world will not work here. But can someone tell me what to do right now? Ye Ci nodded at Barik after a short moment of thought, "Very well, Mr. Barik. I think there's something that I need to discuss with Mr. Dalufar. I'll be seeing you again shortly."

Barik nodded at Ye Ci, who bowed at him before leaving the tent. She then headed straight to the large tent at the center of the village.

I knew it! There's no way in hell a lvl120 NPC will give out a simple courier quest! So this is the deal! Thought Ye Ci to herself.

She was quick to arrive at Dalufar's tent. After greeting the elder and initiating a small talk, Ye Ci immediately went straight to the point, "Mr. Dalufar, is the currency from the Jiama Continent not usable in your village?"

"Of course. We've never traded with anyone other than the Mermaids, and they've never used the currency from the Jiama Continent. Your gold coins worth nothing here." said Dalufar matter of fact.

Ye Ci sighed, "What sort of currency do you use then, Mr. Dalufar? Is it the Ancient Emerald Ore?"

"The Ancient Emerald Ore is just one of the currencies that we use. We trade with Ancient Ores, and the Ancient Crimson Ores are one of our most common currencies. A hundred of these are worth an Ancient Azure Ore, while a hundred Ancient Azure Ore is worth one Ancient Golden Ore. You can exchange one hundred Ancient Golden Ore for an Ancient Emerald Ore." Dalufar proceeded to explain the currency used by the Doluo tribe to Ye Ci.

Ye Ci could hear ringing in her ears as she listened to the explanation. You've got to be kidding me! These things are not easy to get! God knows how long it'll take me to obtain 20 pieces of Ancient Emerald Ore...

"And how do I obtain these ores?" asked Ye Ci with a sigh. Her intention was to leave the island, and the only way out was to obtain the 20 pieces of Ancient Emerald Ores.

"Well, there are two ways, and both of them involve having you travelling to the depths of the Kalidor Volcano. You can either mine for ores in the cave, and with luck acquire an Ancient Emerald Ore, or you can head to the Pitch Black Cave. There are a lot of Magma Golems in the cave, and you can obtain ores by killing the golems." Dalufar smiled at Ye Ci, "By the way, I happen to be in possession of a shovel. I'm sure you'll be needing it."

As Ye Ci received the shovel from Dalufar, she had a nagging that she was being tricked. It felt as if she was being exploited by the NPC.

Despite such a feeling, Ye Ci knew that she must endure. She was a player, and he was a highly intelligent NPC. They were already on unequal footing at the beginning.

"Go to the southern corner of the village. You'll find Nuoba there. He's the general of our tribe, and he will lead you to the bottom of the Kalidor Volcano." and with that, Dalufar refused further dialogue with Ye Ci. Knowing that she would make no further progress with Dalufar, Ye Ci bowed at the NPC and headed for Nuoba after leaving the tent.

Nuoba was a Doluo who towered over his fellow tribesman. Armed with a sharp spear, the man was clothed better than most of his tribesman, and his neck was decorated by several rows of wild beast teeth. The battle scars that covered his body were telltale signs that he was a brave warrior who fought and bled for the sake of his tribe. Ye Ci walked up to Nuoba and stated her purpose. She was greeted warmly by the general, who immediately agreed to send one of his men to guide Ye Ci to the bottom of the Kalidor Volcano.