37 - thanksgiving pt.1

November 2016

Media, Pennsylvania

Haley Winston

When I woke up this morning with Harry cuddled up to my side and the sun shining through the blinds I had a feeling this would be a good day.
I felt like I had a fresh start, I cleared everything up with my family.. and almost like I started on a new page. It felt nice, and I felt somewhat relieved.

We didn't do much during the day, Harry helped my mom out in the kitchen for a bit while I had a walk with my dad.
We talked a lot as well, and that felt nice. To have a calm and easy conversation about last nights subject.
My father has always been very understanding, and very calm. That man is only filled with love, he know exactly what to say at every problem I've ever had. I would almost consider that a super power.
When we came back from our walk Harry was standing by the kitchen counter, flour on his cheeks and arms while making a pie with the instructions from my mother. He looked absolutely adorable as he tried to convince my mother he actually used to work in a bakery.

"Baby you were a cashier at a bakery, but at least you have successful singing career since the baking didn't end up being your thing" I said and his lips parted and he shook his head.

"It is my thing, I'm a good baker" he defended himself making my mother laugh and I stood to my tippy toes next to him pressing a kiss to his cheek making him blush as he poured the batter in to the pan filled with dough.

The pie actually looked great when he pulled it out of the oven with a proud smile and I just watched him as he showed me the pie.
"See, I told you I could bake" he said with a cheeky smile and scratched the corner of his mouth with his thumb.

"Oh we haven't tried it yet" I said making him scoff at me again

When we started to get ready for today and it was getting close to leave for my grandparents house I noticed a change in Harry. He was constantly sitting next to me, holding my hand or just watching me as I applied my makeup. He was done long before me, his hair blow dried and pushed back. His legs covered in a pair of loose fitted green pants and a brown oversized knitted sweater covering his torso. He looked really cuddly in his large sweater and I knew I would steal it when I got the chance.