03; calm and storm.

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm the leader of potato-land. Such a honor." Naomi liked to poke Negan, it was the thing she preferred to do the most when her best friend Prescott was around. She used to take care of the gardens and animals with him, when they didn't go scavenge. They were always together, she missed him to death.

"What's the matter, girl? First you joke and laugh, then you go silent in a heartbeat." asked Negan, having seen the melancholy expression of the girl.

"It's just- I used to do the same with Prescott. We used to do everything together, we passed the time poking each other," she smiled lightly, "I just miss him." she whispered then, swallowing the lump in her throat not to start crying.

"I understand the feeling." he murmured in response, stopping what he was doing to meet the girl's eyes. "But, c'mon, I may not be like him, but I'm damn charming. You can't help but like working with me."

Naomi chuckled, "You're terrible." said quietly.

"I know."

They stayed until lunchtime in the gardens, then Judith, Aaron and Michonne went to get Naomi. They were ready to go the Kingdom.

"You will stay with Judith and Aaron the whole time, okay?" said Michonne as they got up on a horse-drawn convertible machine. She thought it was kinda fun.

"Sure." nodded Naomi, smiling at the little girl sitting next to her. Aaron was on the other side, giving orders to the horses. Then, they left.

"How's your leg?" she asked Aaron a few minutes after, pricking on her hands.

"Not bad. It still hurts, but at least I can walk." the man smiled slightly, causing Naomi to look down. She felt so guilty.

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. I understand, you defended yourself and you were tired. But next time I'd rather be threatened first." he chuckled.

"I'll keep that in mind." the girl laughed, then looked down at the little girl beside her.

"Thank you for letting me come, Judith."

"You're welcome. Even if we still don't know you, I have a sixth sense for good people. I'm sure you're one of them." that sentence made Naomi smile ear to ear. That little girl looked special, and not just because she was a child. She was smart and caring at the same time, someone like her was hard to fool.

When they arrived to the Kingdom, she thought she happened to a typical village party. Colored streamers were attached everywhere, there were stalls of clothes, work tools, food and even jewelry all around. There was already a lot of movement, everyone seemed to have fun without any other thought in mind.

They listened to the 'king's speech', Ezekiel, who talked about three other men that Naomi didn't know. Their names were Rick, Carl and Jesus. He talked about how everything had been organized for them, how with that fair they were progressing as those three men would've liked, how they've fought for it to happen. She got the shivers. Everything was so extraordinary, she felt so happy that for a while the thought of the outbreak disappeared from her mind.

Later, she accompanied Judith to take a candy apple with Aaron, then they stopped to listen to a little music show. There was a man who played the violin while another one was singing some nice lyrics, and she realized how much she had missed even the slightest note of a song.

But perhaps, the best moment was when they announced the beginning of the movie. The ones who were interested -who were so many that they had to broadcast it more than once- had gathered in a large hall which looked a lot like an old theater, then watched cartoons programmed with a projector.