XIII. epilogue: flask of spring daylight

A/N:

Nov 12.

red (taylor's version) is out🧣 stream red TV. it's a masterpiece and it deserves every bit of love in the universe.

on a very related note, i just wanted to say that i had so much fun creating airaa and jasper and goofing around with them. this story is very close to my heart and to every reader who came this far, THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH. your support is precious to me.

the epilogue does not follow immediately after the last chapter (obviously) so never not by lauv sums up jasper's side of going through the entire thing while this epilogue sums up airaa's side. friendly reminder to add this book to your reading lists and vote for the chapters if you haven't and also check out the spotify playlist.

let me know how you liked the story. You are magical, beautiful and all kinds of amazing!

cara x

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

FLASK OF SPRING DAYLIGHT
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

VIOLET BALL-SHAPED FLOWERS stood tall against the bed of pink blossoms, swaying under the mild lull of the spring breeze. Rooted in equal intervals were trees bearing soft white clusters of flowers curving to kiss the flowers from the trees across. When Airaa looked up, there was a white roof over her head, sprinkling petals as she walked by. The fragrance of pansies and sweet pea swam with the breeze, whispering in her ears and chuckling away in shyness.

Spring. The season of new beginnings. The season of life.

Airaa hoped there was some truth in it.

The last time she had been in West Filwa, she had been twenty. It was a year and five months since then and so much had changed. The airport was crowded, vibrant graffiti covered the side walls of cafes, Dessertion had a newly designed name board and the interiors were painted pink and cream. The shawarma place was no more. And the gates of the West Filwa College of Arts were replaced with a new one, a less creaky one.

But, some things never changed.

The crowd in the supermarket, the early risers taking brisk walks in the park, high schoolers speeding to school on their rides, the smell of coffee from Cafe Brew wafting in the morning air all the way to the next street and the fluttering kisses of chillness on her skin.

Airaa knew the hour breaks of the college by heart. Sneaking into the college, making subtle deliveries and spying on people also demanded knowledge of the entire map of the college. She'd never forget it.

She leaned against the wall, looking at her watch and tapping her feet. She was nervous. Airaa Mannan was never nervous but her heart raced from the moment she had decided to come back to the town that she couldn't forget. She didn't know what she was going to say to him, how she'd react if she heard his voice again and if he had a girlfriend or not. Airaa was freaking out. She knew this could go both ways so she'd been bracing herself for it. She had to steel herself against second-guessing her decision because of her growing nerves.

Airaa had no idea what a year and five months had done to him. Would he be the same tall guy with messy ash-brown hair and with his stubborn glance and thick eyebrows? Would he drink her in just with his eyes, smile at her while he watched her walk towards him? She had so many unanswered questions that were messing with the wild butterflies in her stomach.