It was very likely that the strings of the harp were snapped when Ye Ci stabbed herself with her dagger to free herself from the effects of the Mind Control. The girl wore a calm expression on her face. She was not angered by the damage suffered by her harp, but it was obvious that she was not at all happy.

Ye Ci stared at the girl from a distance. Despite the pain at her thigh, she was ready for an attack. She cast Detection on the girl, but saw nothing but question marks due to the girl's high level. Even the name of the girl could not be revealed by Detection.

She's bad news.

If a monster's HP could not be revealed by Detection, it meant that the monster was at least 20 levels higher than Ye Ci, but when a monster's stats was hidden as well, it meant that the monster was at least 40 levels higher than her. When even the name of the monster could not be revealed by Detection, then the monster was at least 60 levels higher than Ye Ci.

Ye Ci's Gongzi You was a level 60 character, and if the girl was truly at least 60 levels above her, this would mean that the girl was at the very least level 120. She might even be a boss. Ye Ci began taking note of the terrain around her that she could turn to her advantage. There was no way she could kite this NPC girl to death. A level 120 boss would have a far higher movement speed than Ye Ci. Her only option was to escape.

She slowly backed away, waiting for an opportunity to escape.

But the girl spoke up unexpectedly, "Oh, you're a female."

Ye Ci was stunned. She studied the girl once again, who had turned the rest of her body around to face Ye Ci. She was shocked to see that the lower part of the girl's body was a blue fishtail.

Oh fuck! She's a mermaid!

So this was why she had such a beautiful singing voice and was very good with mind control! Mermaids were not a benevolent species. They would never rescue a prince in danger like the tales told in fairytales. The mermaids in Fate were the embodiment of greed.

Mermaids of Fate had gorgeous appearances and beautiful singing voices that they would put to good use to lure men to their deaths by the sea. Of course, only the females of the race were spotted hunting for food. Where are the males? one might ask, but this was the question that even Ye Ci had no answer to. She had only seen female Mermaids in her past life. Well, I guess the males of the race were busy taking care of their young at home... mused Ye Ci. "How lame! I was putting in so much effort but a female showed up instead!"

The menacing aura around the mermaid had disappeared. She stared calmly at Ye Ci with a pout on her face, "The Elves are getting scrawnier nowadays. Give it a few years, and we won't even be able to tell the males and females of your race apart" said the Mermaid as her gaze rested on Ye Ci's chest.

The mermaid flaunted her bare voluptuous bosom as she spoke to Ye Ci. Her curves were so flawless that one would get a nosebleed just by staring at them. What the heck? Why is this NPC comparing breast sizes with me?

Even if mine are not as large as hers, they're still not that small! Why does she sound like I'm completely flat?

"Aiya, what brings you here, Elf?" the Mermaid continued with a smile after a short moment of silence, completely oblivious to the distress her words brought upon Ye Ci.

"A shipwreck." replied Ye Ci.

"Ahh!" exclaimed the Mermaid as she sat upright, with her ample breasts bouncing due to her sudden movement, "Are you talking about the storm a few days ago? It brought us quite a large amount of food!"

Ye Ci rolled her eyes at the Mermaid, if I did not hold on to the mast, I might've ended up as their food as well and said, "Alright, if there's nothing else you have to say, I'll take my leave now."