Mind Control!

The two words appeared in Ye Ci's mind. Mind Control was a high-tier spell of the Priest and Cleric class that could only be learned by a character at level 100. Due to their limited offensive spells, Clerics and Priests were equipped with a large variety of crowd control spells, and Mind Control was one of the most important spells to the two support classes. Ye Ci could still remember a particular ingenious Cleric who was able reign undefeated in PVP battles with his creative ways of using Mind Control. Even a BOSS that was at his character's level was easily defeated by the Cleric.

This was proof that Mind Control was a formidable spell.

A player afflicted by Mind Control would lose his or her capability to fight. They would be at the mercy of their opponents. An NPC's Mind Control, however, was more advanced than that of a player's. NPCs could disable a player's ability to fight, and even force a player to carry out its will.

It was obvious that Ye Ci was affected by the spell of an NPC, and it was definitely the girl singing on the rock.

I have to stop. thought Ye Ci to herself. She knew that things would not end well for her if she continued moving forward. I don't mind if I got killed, but what if I ended up getting enslaved by that NPC? That will be bad! But how can I free myself from her control?

The Dark Dispersal skill of Buru's ring immediately came to Ye Ci's mind, but she was not capable of even casting a single spell. She could feel her consciousness slipping away.

No! I can't let this happen! Ye Ci repeated again and again in her mind before her consciousness slipped fully away, and she was able to activate Dark Dispersal with the last of her strength. The influence of Mind Control over Ye Ci immediately disappeared.

Despite that, Ye Ci's thoughts remained sluggish.

The singing stopped as well when Dark Dispersal was activated, but it did not take long for the girl to resume her singing.

Oh no! Her Mind Control is at a very high level! Even the Dark Dispersal of Buru's ring could not completely dispel its effect. If I got controlled again, I'm finished despite having a clear picture of her situation, Ye Ci was still walking towards to the girl on unsteady steps.

Ye Ci's hand reached towards her hip, pulled her dagger out of its sheath, and plunged it into her thigh with her remaining strength.

"Argghhh!" even with the pain simulation set at 30%, the heart-wrenching pain on Ye Ci's caused her to scream in agony, breaking the control of the spell over her. Ye Ci slumped onto the beach, almost passing out from the pain.

Guan Yu is a fucking hero! thought Ye Ci to herself, I've almost passed out at 30% pain! How did he manage to stand the pain of having his bone scrape? As expected... There really is a substantial difference between different individuals....

I am afraid of pain! I am a scaredy cat!

The pain was so intense that Ye Ci could see black spots in her vision. She took a look at her bleeding thigh, took in a deep breath, and pulled out the dagger. Blood splattered all over the ground, and some even made their way onto Ye Ci's face.

Ye Ci gritted her teeth and bandaged her wound. This was something that could not be treated without a visit to one of the main cities, and this wound that Ye Ci had inflicted upon herself...

She then stood up slowly and cast her gaze at the direction of the rock. The girl turned her head around, and Ye Ci could see the flawless beauty of the girl's face, and her azure eyes that were as alluring as the sea. The girl was no longer singing. She pursed her lips as her gaze rested at Ye Ci, who was shocked to find that the strings of the harp had snapped.