Chapter 42

After Sebastian's confession, Eleanor started to feel even more nervous that she already was. She was the first girlfriend that he introduced to his parents and that thought was terrifying. She was starting to feel the pressure of living up to his parents' expectations.

His parents were talking to Ian and Lina in the foyer, but their eyes and their focus quickly shifted to the new couple as they walked down the stairs, holding hands. Eleanor was trembling and Sebastian hold her hand more firmly and placed a soft kiss on it.

'Calm down.'

She nodded and graciously smiled as they approached Misses and Mister Crain.

Lina and Sebastian had the same thick black hair as their father, but their amazing piercing eyes came from their mother as she looked at Eleanor with the same intense gaze.

Despite Eleanor's nervousness, things went quite well, even though, apparently, all members of the Crain family had the same intense and piercing eyes. They were all friendly people.

His parents loved Eleanor. They talked to her so much, about their travels, about work but most importantly they talked about how Sebastian was as a kid and she could not have been more delighted to hear about how he was a curious child, always getting in trouble because he would run off on his own to explore everything.

They spent the day getting to know one another; they were kind people. Sebastian's parents weren't as present in their kids' life as they would've liked to be, and it was clear that weighted on them, but seeing how they turned out lifted their spirits.

'What's wrong?' he asked as Eleanor was getting in bed with a preoccupied frown on her face.

'Nothing. It was just an exhausting day. This is all so overwhelming. We just started dating.'

'I know. I'm sorry. I admit that I didn't think this through. There were some details that I didn't plan for,' he confessed as he was on the couch working.

'Sebastian Crain admitting that he is wrong! Should I be worried? Do you have a fever or something?'

He smiled and then threw a cushion that landed right on her face.

'Go to sleep,' he ordered with a tease as she had her hair all over her face thanks to Sebastian's perfect aim.

'I was trying to do that,' she grumbled. 'Are you going to be working for much longer?'

'No,' he sighed. 'I'll go to bed soon. Does the light bother you?'

'No, not at all. I just asked because you look tired.'

'I'm fine. Don't worry.'

'Well, then maybe I'll read for a bit.'

Eleanor picked up a book from the side table and put her glasses on.

Sebastian looked at her reading and smiled, looked back at his laptop, and then he realized she was wearing glasses.

'It is you.'

'You still had doubts?'

'No but,' he got up from the couch and sat on the bed in front of her.

Sebastian disheveled her hair to cover up her a face a bit.

'Now I'm one hundred percent sure.'

'Idiot,' she muttered, blushing; he was so close.

'How come I've never seen you with glasses before?'

'My eyesight is getting better. I only wear them at home, at work I wear contacts.'

'You look good in glasses.'

He gently tucked her hair away from her face.

She could smell him, feel his heat. His face was so close to hers. Sebastian could not take his eyes from Eleanor's lips. He could not hold it in any longer. He grabbed her and kissed her. It was a long a lustful kiss and to his surprise she kissed him back.

But before things went any further, he stopped. He wanted her badly, but not until he was sure that Eleanor wanted him in the same way he did. With a hand still on her waist and the other on her neck, he kissed her forehead.

Eleanor was confused. She didn't know what to think. A kiss like that had to mean something, and yet Sebastian didn't say a word. He got up and took a deep breath as he went back to the couch. He wasn't going to be able to focus now. Neither was she, so she gave up on her book and called it a night while Sebastian kept looking at his laptop, pretending that he was working.

'Good night,' she said with a blushed complexion and embarrassed face.

'Good night,' a dazzling smile was on his lips as he said those words and Eleanor laid down with her back facing him, hiding her rosy complexion.

Sebastian leaned back and sighed. He would have to wait until Eleanor felt asleep. Otherwise, we would not be able to calm down if we went to bed and lied down beside her.