Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"Ah," you responded, "Bucky your dating a 95 year old grandma," he glared at you, as the elevator stopped. "Nice talking to you Rose,"

When you got back to your room, you put a few items in a suitcase. Some hoodies, joggers, jeans, shoes and shirts. You found some make-up you hadn't opened in a while and chucked it in too. Once you had made your bed and tidied your room you made a coffee in the kitchen and grabbed the keys for your car.

Once you had thrown your bag into the back of the car and sat in the driver's seat you opened the text from Sam. You typed the address into your phone and drove away as the directions started. You were so focused on the road you didn't even notice the texts coming through from the team.

Tony
Y/N you sighed out for three weeks?

Nat
Everything okay?

Bucky
I saw her earlier but she seemed fine

Steve
What did you do?

Bucky
Nothing

Tony
That doesn't matter
Has anyone heard from her?

Sam
Before. This morning

Bruce
Maybe she's taking some space

Wanda
Why? Was she okay this morning?

Bruce
She seemed a little upset
Spacing out and anxious

Bucky
She seemed fine before

Nat
You talked to her?

Wanda
What did you say?

Bucky
I said nothing

Nat
That sounds like a lie

Bucky
She met rose

Tony
Who's rose?

Bucky
My girlfriend?

Nat
Oh yeah the desk bitch

Bucky
She's not a bitch
Your always taking y/ns side

Sam
Dude shut the fuck up

Nat
Let me know if anyone hears anything

Wanda
Same here

It got dark quickly, and you were still driving same as this morning. Your coffee had run out a couple hours back so you stopped for more and grabbed some food too. You felt peaceful when driving, no one was there to bother you but you were too distracted to get lost in your thoughts. Your music was loud and you hummed along as you swerved between traffic.

It was about 6am when you got to the address Sam had given you. It was a small town, located by the waters. Sam's sister's house was located a five minute drive away from the centre, and was near a small woods.

You parked the car behind two in the driveway and walked up to the front of the house. There was a porch with two bikes out front, and you knocked on the door. Sam opened quickly, and let you in without a word.

Two kids were sat at the kitchen table eating cereal as you walked in. Sam's sister was zipping up lunchboxes and smiled widely at you. "You must be y/n?" she said, shaking your hand as you stepped forward "I'm Sarah it's so nice to meet you,"

"Thank you for letting me stay," you replied, smiling brightly. "I really didn't mean to impose on your Christmas,"

She laughed, "nonsense," she handed her kids their lunch, "Unfortunately we don't have another guest room, so the couch may have to do,"