Chapter Thirteen

You quickly showered, before throwing on an old tshirt you had found in the laundry. You headed out to the kitchen to get some water and a granola bar before getting ready. When you got to the kitchen you noticed Bucky sat on the couch drinking coffee. You said nothing, still annoyed about him pissing you off when you were trying to run. Trying hard to keep the silence, you poured a glass of water.

"I'm gonna need my shirt back Doll," called out Bucky as you walked past him. You looked down. Plain black t-shirt that was huge on you. Yeah of course it was Bucky's. "There are other ways you can get my clothes off me you know,"

You rolled your eyes, ignoring him. You walked past him, biting your tongue from making a snide remark. Steve was stood in the doorway. Well shit. "Hey," you said, kissing his cheek. Steve clenched his jaw, "What?" you asked him. He gestured to your shirt, or Bucky's shirt. You raised your eyebrows. Jealous much. "Steve, I thought it was yours,"

"That doesn't bother me," he said.
"Oh my god," you rolled your eyes, "let it go Steve," you cupped his face in your hands and kissed him. You deepened the kiss, letting his tongue explore your mouth. You ran your hands through his hair as he wrapped his arms around your waist. He pushed you up against the wall as he kissed you more deeply, and you could see Bucky stiffen in his seat. "See, nothing to worry about," you pulled away and kissed his cheek before winking at Bucky. "I have to get ready, see you later,"

You headed back to your room and immediately started getting ready. First you started with make-up, going with natural eyeshadow, dramatic eyeliner and a dark lip. Then you curled your hair so it sat loosely around your shoulders. Then you rummaged through your closet, trying to find a dress to wear. You settled on a black strapless dress, with gold sequins running along the neckline. You chose some strappy gold heels to go with it, and a gold clutch.

Hearing a knock at your door, you opened it to see Steve. He was wearing a black suit, but with no tie. "I was waiting to see your dress so my tie could match," he said, smiling. Your stomach filled with butterflies. That was fucking adorable. "Gold?"

"Yeah," you said, chuckling. "Here, I'm ready so I'll join you," you linked your arm through Steve's as you closed the door to your room.

When you and Steve arrived, the party was already in full swing. Tony was talking to a crowd full of people. Nat was flirting with a guy by the bar. Wanda and Vision were dancing. Clint, Bruce and Rhodey were sat talking. Sam was walking through the crowds, holding a glass of scotch. He noticed you and Steve and waved. "You're late," he said, flashing a smile, "Steer clear of Tony and his group of billionaires,"

You chuckled, "Thanks for the heads up," you let go of Steve's hand, and blended into the crowds of people.

"Lady Y/N," boomed an unfamiliar voice, which you could only assume was Thor. You turned round to see a tall, blonde God stood infront of you. "It's nice to finally be acquainted, I saw you at Stark's last party, but was called away to deal with my brother,"

You laughed, "It's nice to meet you too," Thor shook your hand and continued on your conversation. But you were too distracted by Bucky, who was sat over at the bar. Another blonde bitch was flirting with Bucky. What was he just going round pissing off every girl in New York? It wouldn't annoy you if he would just stop acting like he wanted to get with you. He spent time working out your running schedule just to piss you off. It made you so mad, you were practically shaking with anger.

"Y/n?" you turned around to see Nat and Wanda. You shook your head. Just don't think about Bucky. Don't think about him. Wanda raised her eyebrows and you rolled your eyes, "What cocktail do you drink?" asked Nat.

Anything that meant you didn't need to go over to the bar.

You shrugged, "I don't mind," you said, you noticed Steve talking to Tony and Rhodey. He was laughing at something one of them said. When he noticed you, he waved over to you sending you a dorky smile. This man melted your heart.

Nat and Wanda had already left for the bar. So you nodded to Steve before keeping up with them. As you leant on the counter, you felt Bucky staring at you. "Stop it," you said bluntly, keeping your eyes straight ahead. You could still feel him staring at you. Nat and Wanda were making cocktails close to you, so you moved closer to Bucky. "I said cut it out," you said under your breath.

Bucky stood up, his breath on your neck. "You wish I was looking at you," he grabbed his beer and walked away. Your eyes trailed after him, but you snapped your head back. Bucky had been wearing an all black suit. And God. He was so fucking fine. He didn't even need to try and you couldn't stop thinking about him.

The party got quieter as it got later. You were sat with Wanda, Steve and Clint around a coffee table drinking cocktails. Steve had his arm draped around his shoulder, and you were sat snuggled into his side. You tried hard to engage in conversation, but you could see Bucky talking to that blonde from before. He kept flicking his gaze over to you and smirking when he could see you looking. Now you were looking at the floor, holding a martini glass in your hands.

"You okay princess?" said Steve, under his breath. You looked up and nodded, "Wanna head upstairs?"

You smiled, "Okay," Steve squeezed your hand, and you placed your glass on the coffee table. Steve said goodnight to the others, before taking your hands as you headed towards the elevator. You followed Steve in, resting your head on his shoulder as he leant against the back wall. A distinct metal hand grabbed the elevator doors as they were closing. Fuck. Of course it was Bucky.

The elevator ride was awkward. Steve was still holding you close to him. And you could tell Bucky was trying to avoid looking at you. The elevator stopped at Steve's floor, and he took your hand as you exited the elevator. You could feel Bucky's eyes burning into your back as you walked down the hallway. The doors closed just as Steve opened the door to his room. He flicked on the light and watched as Steve took off his jacket. His shirt was clinging to his muscles, you bit your lip as your eyes flicked over his body. "Everything okay?" said Steve, hanging up his jacket in the closet.

"Fine," you said, smiling. You took off your heels and placed them neatly by the door. Steve's room was so perfectly neat, that you felt out of place in it. Steve sat down on his bed, and gestured for you to join him. You sat next to him, resting your head in the crook of his shoulder. Steve ran his hands through your hair, kissing your forehead.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered.

You could definitely fall in love with Steve Rogers.