Chapter Eleven

Days went by, and while Steve showered you in affection, everytime you ran into Bucky he offered you hard glares and ignored you. It was early on a Saturday morning, and you were snuggled in bed. Steve had been with you but had left to train, like he always did. He went running early every day. Thinking about how much he worked out made you feel tired. "Hey," said Steve, poking his head round the door, "So.."

"So.." you said, pulling the blanket from over your head, "What's going on?"

Steve sighed before sitting next to you on the bed, "Okay, there's this house outside the city, and they're selling weapons, like weapons that Shield have, they need to be taken in," you nodded, "Most of us have already tried, trust me, but we can't keep going back because they recognise us, so," Steve took a deep breath, "I need you to go with Bucky,"

That was new. Bucky. Yes. That wouldn't be awkward. That would be fine. Definitely. Okay. Great. "Um yeah, has Bucky agreed to this?" you asked.

"Yes," said Steve, "Nat and Wanda said they'd help you get ready, I have to go down to Shield Headquarters so I'll catch you later," he kissed you on the cheek, "I'll miss you darling," and then he was gone again. The idea of dating Steve Rogers was great, but the reality was that he was always busy. He cared so much about his job. That it was his first priority.

You climbed out of bed and put on your training outfit. You headed down to the gym, hoping it would be empty. Everyone else, well out of the people who did train, would have been earlier. You pushed open the doors, only to see Bucky. Great. His headphones were in, and he was punching the bag so hard that it fell to the floor. "I think you could have taken me," you said sarcastically from the doorway, Bucky either ignored you or couldn't hear you. It was probably both. "Great ignore me that's fine," you muttered.

You lifted weights for a while, but it easily bored you. Bucky was still punching the bag. There was so much tension and weirdness. You hadn't even brought it to the room. "Look do you wanna spar?" you asked, raising your voice slightly so he could definitely hear you. "Please?" you added.

"I'm done for today," said Bucky, pulling out his earphones, "I'll see you for the mission later," he grabbed his water bottle and left the training room. The doors slamming behind him. It could've gone better. A lot better. Okay it went terribly.

----------------

It was later that evening, after about three hours of getting ready, that you were about to leave for the mission. You were wearing a black satin bodycon dress, and tall black heels. Your thigh holster was filled with weapons. And your makeup had been done by Nat, so it was dramatic eyeliner, smoke eye and a dark lip.

On your way down to the car, you ran into Steve who was back from Shield. "Oh my God," said Steve, as he saw you, "You look...amazing,"

You smiled, wrapping your arms round his neck as you kissed him. "I have to go for the mission, I'll see you later," noticing Bucky coming out of the elevator, you pulled away, "Wait up for me," you whispered before walking to meet Bucky.

You and Bucky walked in silence to the new car Tony had bought just for this mission. "So," you said, trying to make conversation.

"You don't need to fill these silences," said Bucky, opening the car door and getting inside. Wow. This was. The worst idea ever. You and Bucky were the worst ever team to go on a mission together. At least you didn't have to act as his girlfriend or whatever. That would be worse. "Will you get in the car?" said Bucky, rolling down the window. You rolled your eyes and walked round to sit in the passenger side of the car. Before you'd even shut the car door Bucky had pulled away from the side and was already leaving the city.

The ride was silent as usual. "What's your deal with me?" you asked Bucky. He just looked straight ahead at the road, "What's wrong?" okay so no answer still. This was going really well. You put your heels up on the dash, "How's your girlfriend?"

"I don't have a girlfriend," said Bucky through gritted teeth.

That was the end of the conversation. When you got to the house, Bucky got out of the car and headed into the party straight away. Wow. You grabbed your purse, adjusted your thigh holster, checked your weapons and adjusted your make-up before getting out of the car. "Took your time," said Bucky, walking into the party. You walked quickly to keep up with him. "Split up," he said, "Find the weapons and get out," and then he had disappeared into the crowds.

You searched through the crowds, there was no weapon dealing going on. Bucky hadn't put on a mic, so you had no idea what he had found. Coming across a stairway, you checked around. You walked upstairs, when you got there you noticed a heavily armed guy stood outside a room. Okay escape plan. Y/n think. A hand grabbed you by the arm and pulled you into a small hallway.

"I had it covered," you stated, crossing your arms.

Bucky scoffed, "Sure you did Doll," he gazed at your lips for a little too long. You noticed and smirked. It wasn't like you minded. Well of course you did, you were with Steve. So what was Bucky trying to do, tease you? He was the one missing out.

You looked up into his eyes, holding his glare. You could cut the tension between the two of you with a knife. "I will make letting me go your nightmare," said Bucky, leaning in so his face was inches from yours. Your lips were longing to kiss him. No. Control yourself Y/n. His breath on your face sent a chill down your spine. Damn. He was so hot when he was angry. Not the point.

Bucky grabbed the gun from your thigh holster, his fingertips leaving a trace along your thigh. Holy-. He smirked at you before walking off. That was. Interesting.

When you came out from the corridor, Bucky already had the armed guard in handcuffs. "Took you long enough," he said, you rolled your eyes in response, "What's in there?" Bucky asked the guard. You started laughing at Bucky's tactics, "Shut the fuck up Y/n," he said, "Shut up,"

"Make me," you responded, smirking. Anyway, "Just open the door Bucky," you said.

Bucky kicked down the door. And there were the weapons. The mission was over, you could stop with the teasing and go home to Steve. "Good job on the mission," you said, getting back in the car. Bucky didn't respond again.

It felt like a never ending circle.

Authors Note ❤: I had the worst writers block for this story, but i have my inspiration back now so thanks to everyone who's been reading this 💞💞

Side note i opened an Instagram for this account so if your interested in following it for updates about this account then its ameliaxbarnes

Also episode 2 of tfaws omg.