Chapter 9. Tennis Court

Start from the beginning

        She smacked my other shoulder and I winced in pain.  I smacked her on the back and she smacked my hand instantly back.  "Fess up!"

        "Not until you get a black robe and cross necklace!" I shouted back, getting more humourously pissed off than anything.

        "Oh, I'll become a nun if it means you'll tell me all your darkest secrets, Andrea Amaia Brighton!"

        One great smack on my lower back! "Ow!" I stumbled forwards and turn to her, now with a serious look on my face, crossing my arms.  "Okay okay you win.  My tutor said that I'm failing chemistry not because it's any harder than calculus, but because of something else.  Some personal problem.  Psh as if."

        Hanako just stared at me in total disbelief, jaw almost to the ground.  "That's it?"

        I nodded.  "Yup, that's it."

        "THAT'S IT?!" Hanako lifted her eyebrows.  "What's the problem then?!"

        "Are you serious?  You're asking me?!  I don't have any personal problems. It's just a stupid subject in school that I can't pass.  What does it have to do with my personal life?!  Wouldn't it affect all my grades, not just one?!"

        "Yeah, you're right..." Hanako said slowly.  "But still, are you having any problems with Richard?  You didn't seem too enthusiastic talking about him earlier."

        "Oh... his sister asked me to be her maid of honor at her wedding-"

        "What?! And you didn't tell me this til now?!"

        "I was shocked, so I totally forgot.  Blah..." I sighed.  "School is just so stressful for me at the moment."  Yes, yes change the subject away from Richard and turn it into a school thing again.

        "Well, when's the wedding?"

        "I don't know yet." More like, I totally forgot when it was since I hadn't been paying attention.

        "And what's this have to do with Richard?"

        I sighed.  "It's Richard's sister, so that's what it has to do with him."  Yeah, and the fact that he said he had a surprise for ME, and it turns out its just bringing me to his sister's engagement party... some special feeling that is.

        Giggling.

        A faint giggling was in the wind, and it wasn't Hanako.  Hanako and I stared at each other, wondering where that familiar sound was coming from.  We both hinge-turned towards the tennis court merely twenty feet from where we're standing.  Past the wired walls around the tennis court was a sidewalk with a boy and girl walking side by side, hand in hand.  A couple in love it seems, well to my eyes.  It was too far away to see their faces clearly but I could tell the girl was a bleach blonde and the guy had curly blond hair.

        Hanako and I walked more down the sidewalk, getting closer to the tennis court.

        Now I could clearly see the guy was wearing a Brunswick college hoodie.  And the girl was wearing a cheerleader outfit, my school's cheerleader outfit.

        No.  It can't be.

        The giggling girl jumped onto the guy and kissed him.  His arms wrapped around her lower back, holding her pressed to him, kissing her back just as excitedly.  My heart sank to the bottom of the ocean like a heavy lead weight.  My heart fell like a missile to earth.  My face flushed, nausea creeping in my stomach like a tsunami, crashing into me.  Hitting me with hard, painful, sick reality.

(Book 1)I Have Chemistry With My TutorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara