FORGIVE DONT FORGET.

ATHENA

"I don't like that one." She scrunches her face as she clicks through the pictures. Alec had arrived earlier so they could sit and discuss which pictures they liked best from a previous photoshoot . She turns the laptop towards him so he could get a better look.

"This was one of my favorites." He squints at the screen.

"I mean, I like it. Just not as much as the others."

"Well you need to pick your final ten so I can send them back asap." Alec begins to type away on his phone. "Also, your interview with Billboard is next Tuesday.

"Cool, cool." She nodded mindlessly as she continued to click through the pictures, the feeling of her phone vibrating beside her.

jackman

Today 12:45 PM

?

read

Ignoring it, she puts her phone back in its original spot and continues to click through the pictures. She hadn't spoke to Jack since the night at the club and she wasn't sure how to go about anything anymore. She had already played it cool even though she was far from it, what she really wanted to do would have made it on the blogs and she couldn't have that.

"Alright, here." She sighs and pushes the laptop towards Alec, getting up from her seat to stretch her legs.

Alec looks up at the screen nodding in approval, "Good. I'm gonna send these back to them, it's going to be the hottest summer issue.

"Okay so are we done for today?" She checks the time on her watch, "I have somewhere to be."

"What are you in a rush for?" Alec questions as he grabs his things.

"You in my business? Don't do that."

"Your business is my business."

"Wrong!" She playfully yells him as she walks him to the door, "I'm a grown ass woman."

"All I know is, you better not be meeting up with that boy."

Athena immediately rolls her eyes, now slightly irritated. That wasn't even needed. "Alec, please shut up. I'm not even going to see him." She turned the knob to open the door and lo and behold, the devil himself is waiting.

"Oh." Alec tilts his head, "What was that?"

"Get out." She grits, gently pushing  him out the door, her eyes narrowing on Jack. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"You left me on read so what did you expect?"

"Not for you to be showing up unannounced, that's for sure." He tries to step in but she puts her hand out to stop him.

"Damn Kae, I can't come in?" She eyes him a bit, allowing him to step in,  closing the door behind him.

"Who was that?" He nods his head towards the door, referring to Alec.

"My manager." Athena responds shortly, "What do you want Jackman?"

He grins, "Ooh not the full first name."

She has to refrain herself from smiling, the littlest things he did always made her laugh but she wasn't going to give him the benefit of the doubt. "I don't have time for the games today."

"Games? Now you know I don't play games." She eyes him curiously as he makes his way towards her, while maintaining a short distance.

She scoffs, holding back the eye roll that was itching to happen. "Yeah okay." She remains strong eye contact with him though, not wanting to make it seem like he has her guard down.

"Why you been ignoring me?"

"I haven't, I just been busy." She quickly lies. Athena had a 100 percent been ignoring him. After their last encounter she figured the less she seen him, the quick it'd be easier to rid her feelings for him.

The sucking of his teeth catches her attention, "Stop lying, you ain't been doing shit."

"Your girlfriend know you here?" She quickly changes the subject, he definitely caught on to when she was avoiding him.

"Aye chill out. She ain't my girl." The frown on his face produces a slight chortle from her, he clearly didn't enough that.

"Does she know that?"

"Ain't nothing to be known."

"Mhm okay." She nods, "Well I'm sure she would be pretty upset if she knew her man was at another woman's house. Or whatever you are to her."

"There is no me and her. So whatever my business is over here, has nothing to do with her or anyone else besides you and I." She's become aware of the space between them getting smaller and smaller during their conversation.

Her eyes watch his hands move to rest on her hips briefly then smoothly returning to his face. "What's your business here?"

"Clearing up things between us."

"We already did that."

"No we didn't." He begins to walk towards her couch and she lets him pull her along, he sits down and gently pulls her down beside him. "I don't like having unfinished business and that's what I feel like there is."

Athena looks at him expectantly as she waits for him to continue to talk. She didn't plan on having anything to say because she knew he probably only wanted to have this talk because he felt guilty.

"For starters, I want to apologize. We were vibing and getting real close and then I'm out with her and I know that was fucked up. But I was being serious, there isn't anything going on between us, it mainly only happened for some publicity shit."

She silently nods, her face expressionless but in mind she was taking in his every word. "It's cool Jack, I told you this."

"No it's not, because if it was 'cool' like you say it is then you wouldn't be ignoring me. We would be back to talking and watching fucking vampire movies or some shit right now."

Athena lets out a genuine laugh at his words, the one that has her eyes closed and she covers her mouth. When her eyes open again she notices how he stares at her, a smile on his own face. "What?"

"Nothing." He shrugs, the smile still on his face. "I just missed that."

She playfully rolls her eyes, her face starting to heat up a bit. "Shut up." His hand reaches out for hers and she lets him intertwine their hands. So much for getting rid of her feelings for him.

"We good Kae?" She observes him on her couch, long legs spread and he's slightly leaned over in her direction. His eyes focused directly on her.

"Yeah, we're good." She smiles watching his face light up, she squeals when he reaches over and practically swallows her in a hug. "Alright now." She giggles.

"I missed you girl." He lazily smiles at her. "You got time for me today?"

She shakes her head, "Can't, I already have plans." She stands up, his eyes zooming in on her outfit.

"Looking good, a date?"

She shrugs, still standing over his seated body. "Something like that, why? You jealous?"

Jack shakes his head and sits up, pulling her down on his lap. "Nah, I know what I'm doing."