PARTY AND AFTER PARTY.

"Are you ready?" Nyla asks as she lays down on her best friend's bed, scrolling on her phone.

"Almost." She picks up her jeans and puts them on."

"Move faster, I'm starving."

"I'm moving, I'm moving." Athena hurries to grab her shoes. "What does this look like?"

Nyla glances over and nods in approval, "Fine as shit yup!"

She smiles as focuses on getting her shoes on, a phone going off.

"It's yours." Nyla reaches over to grab the phone, "Ooh it's your man." She sings.

Athena quickly reaches for her phone, not wanting Nyla to say anything out of pocket. "Not my boyfriend!" She protests but the words did have to feel some type of way.

"What you call him them?"

She ignores her as she reads the message.

jack
Today 1:13 PM

I hope you're free tonight

i might be... what's up?

my best friend Urban
is having a party
you should come thru

i think I'll pass
i don't go anywhere. without a proper invite

i would like it if you
came, so imma send the
address
party starts at 9

"Oh, you got it bad already." Nyla interrupts her thoughts. "He got you smiling and shit, what he say?"

The young woman continues to smile, she didn't know how to describe it but the feeling she got for this man was a whole new experience. "You up for a party tonight."

"Oh! He got you wanting to get out of the house? I fuck with the white boy." Nyla nods.

"He said it starts at nine so we'll have some time to kill after lunch." She explains as they head out of the house. They were having lunch with a group of friends and were already late.

It was okay though, black people never run on correct timing. Luckily they were only 15 minutes from the restaurant so it didn't take them long.

When arrived, they gave the hostess their reservation name and were walked to their table.

"Bout time y'all got here." Their friend Shawn gets up from their seat, hugging the two women.

Mecca, her other best friend waves it off, "We were all late, ignore him."

Athena gives a hug to her and their mutual friend Lily, who she met through Shawn.

"Sorry." Athena apologies, "I got distracted." She sits down by Mecca, Nyla grabbing the seat on her right.

"Yeah, too busy texting- Ow!" Nyla yelps and rubs her arm from Athena pinching her.

"Texting who?" Shawn eyes the two as they sip their drink

Mecca gasps lightly and turns to Athena, "Is this about who you got caught leaving the club with?"

Nyla smirks at everyone at the table, nodding her head to confirm.

"You messing with a white boy?" Mecca continues shocked.

"Wait, who are y'all talking about?" Shawn looks over confused.