What Done Is Done

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"Dinner is served," Seunggi stated after messing around in Minyoung's kitchen. They were supposed to go out and eat, but Minyoung suddenly felt unwell due to something she ate or drank in the afternoon. 

She forgot to call Seunggi as she fell asleep, so Seunggi had to pick the door lock to get in. 

"Mianhae, Seunggi-ssi. I didn't mean to trouble you." Minyoung stated weakly as she sat down at the dining table. 

"Don't even mention it. What are friends for?" he stated. I wish we could be more than that, though...

Friend. Minyoung felt solemn when she heard the word, yet she did not even know why she felt it that way. 

MInyoung quickly took a bite, and her eye widened. Seunngi looked at her worriedly, "Is it bad?"

Minyoung shook her head. "It tastes delicious!" she exclaimed, quickly grabbing another bite. Seunggi chuckled and started to dig in as well. 

"Well, I also cooked some porridge as well if you preferred that," Seunggi stated. Minyoung smiled warmly, "I'll have some later." 

Seunggi smiled back. The two ate in silence. 

"By the way, Minyoung, how did you even get an upset stomach? What did you eat this afternoon?" He asked. 

Minyoung swallowed her food and tried to recall. "I only had a cup of coffee," she told him. 

"Where was it?" he asked. 

"At a nearby hotel," she stated. Seunggi looked at her. 

"A hotel? Wow...I wish I could relate." he exaggerated. Minyoung rolled her eyes. 

"I can take you there sometimes if you want flower boy," she said.

"Well...that would be my honor," he said. And they both laughed.

"But seriously, did you ever leave your drink unguarded?" Seunggi asked. MInyoung thought about it. 

"I guess I did. I had to go to the bathroom, so I left my book and drank on the table." Minyoung said, and then she eye-widened. 

"Are you saying that----" she asked. Seunggi nodded. 

"But why, though? I did not offend anyone," she stated.  

"Maybe it's not you, and they are trying to target," Seunggi whispered. 

"Did you say something?" Minyoung asked, seeing his worried expression. 

"Uh---nothing. I thought whether we should report it to the police." Seunggi stated. 

"Nah...I don't think we need to go to such an extent." Minyoung stated, but suddenly she felt her stomach start to hurt again. She held it tight. Her facial expression caught Seunggi jumping right by her side. 

"Are you okay? Minyoung?" He touched her shoulder. 

"Somehow --it--hurt---" she told him. 

"Hang on, let me call the ambulance." He quickly took out his phone and dialed the ambulance. Minyoung started to pass out. 

"Minyoung? Minyoung! Stay with me," Seunggi shouted in fear, seeing how she passed out. He soon heard the ambulance, which arrived so fast. 

He quickly opened the door. 

"May I ask who the patient is?" the doctor asked. 

"She's inside," Seunggi stated, guiding them to Minyoung, who was on the couch. They quickly put her on the stretcher and pulled her to the car.